The Alley

Kelly walked into the alley sitting on the trashcan with a cushion on it that she placed there. She found this place a while back when her grandmother died. When her grandmother passed she needed to get away from everyone else to release her tears away from everyone else because she had to stay strong for her entire family.

            Sitting in the cushion she looked at the sky. The dragons were beginning to fly to their stations because they had to trade off with other dragons. As the dragons began to go home they moved the clouds away so that the stars were revealed to the people. Kelly enjoyed looking at the stars because they were always bright, shinning and reminded her of her grandmother’s eyes. Her grandmother had beautiful brown eyes that always twinkled, people always compared their eyes. They said that since Kelly was an old soul, her eyes resembled her grandmother’s with the amount of knowledge they both held. Kelly was beginning to get more depressed thinking about everything that she had lost in her grandmother. Seconds later Gabriel swooped down, Kelly immediately wiped her tears away so that Gabriel wouldn’t worry.

“Kelly,” Gabriel said enthusiastically.

“Hey Gab,” Kelly said jumping down from the trashcan and hugging Gabriel. It seemed that every time Kelly thought about her grandmother, Gabriel came. She kissed his cheek and admired his handsome features.

“I smelt your tears a mile away,” Gab said nonchalantly.

“Oh it’s nothing, just thinking too much, you know me,” Kelly said dismissing the subject completely.

“Kelly you may try to convince everyone else, but with me, well and Red, I know the truth, and I know for a fact that you were thinking about Rosa,” Gab said putting Kelly back on the cushion on the garbage can. He jumped on the garbage can next to her looking at the sky with her smiling.

            They sat together admiring the sky; Kelly looked at Gab and saw his face across the beautiful shy. It gave his face a sort of glow making his face look more attractive. His slightly tanned white skin with the moon made a pretty picture, and his pretty brown eyes were sparkling in the moonlight. His brown hair was shinning from the moon as his highlights stood out more with the light of the moon. Gabriel was a handsome guy, but then again Kelly found every creature attractive and made people see the beauty in creatures.

            “So I was talking to Rosa the other day, and she said that she was proud of you,” Gab said looking at Kelly. Kelly nodded happy at the fact angels could go to heaven and back, Gabriel would do this every month to see his family and Kelly’s Grandmother, Rosa.

“Gab I told you that you don’t have to see her, she wants to be in peace,” Kelly sighed. She understood that her grandmother wanted to be with her husband and not disturbed with the pains of the world.

“Kelly I am an angel, and you are a human meaning that you can’t give the commands I can, and even if you did I don’t have to listen,” Gab joked.

“Alright, fine. I’m glad to hear from her though. What age is she?” Kelly asked leaning on Gab’s shoulder.

“In her twenties because Jep is in his thirties, she likes the age difference apparently,” Gab said laying his head on Kelly’s.

“Naw I think she liked being twenty, being in her prime and able to  do all the things that she wanted to do,” Kelly said smiling at the thought of her grandmother having fun with her husband.

“So you want me to fly you back home?” Gab asked looking at Kelly.

“Naw Imma chill here then Imma head home,” Kelly said lifting her head.