The Return of Red

KELLY’S POV:

“Ah,” I grunted.

“Come on we gotta put some work into this if we wanna make this baby,” Kyle said wiping the sweat from his face.

“Ah, you gotta push harder,” I said exasperated.

“You can do a little work too,” Kyle said pushing harder instead.

“Ugh, got it,” I grunted and fell to the floor. Kyle’s body fell down next to me as he huffed out a large breath of air. We spent a while catching our breathe before we sat up and smiled at each other. We finally got it done, and the pure euphoric feeling of joy sent me on a high above no other. It was shocking because we spent a whole hour to actually start the process, but after all that we finished it and now I had a dresser for my temporary room. It was the room with pictures along each wall. After I packed some clothes and necessities from home I went over to Kyle’s place and started setting up the room that he uses to paint in. He insisted that I take this room for some reason that he wouldn’t explain. I didn’t mind because every painting was of someone he loved like his brother, sister, father, and the majority of those photos were of his mother. I smiled because he was such a momma’s boy, but hey that’s all good with me. Gabriel was staying in the apartment across the hall, he somehow bribed the man next door to go on vacation and leave him to babysit his house. Angels always using their powers.. This is going to be a long month, and I’m starting to miss my cat and Red.

“I’ll be there sooner than you think,” a familiar voice said in my head.

“Red,” I shouted out loud sitting up right.

“Umm, he’s not here as of now, but I have a gift for you,” Kyle said getting up from of the floor and pushing the dresser over to the corner with strength he seemed to gather  from somewhere that he didn’t have ten minutes ago. He walked out of the room going to get the surprise, while I sat up and put my clothes into the drawer. I thought about what Red said, he’d be here sooner than I thought. That was weird because he was out looking for his mate so he shouldn’t be in a rush unless he found her, then I have to prepare my speech.

“Got it,” Kyle said walking into the room with a box a few inches wider than his chest; he brought it next to me and sat it down. “Open it.”

“Thank you,” I said before pulling the lid off top of the box to be attacked by a large ball of fur. The ball of fur seemed to have a very distinct smell that was as if it were embedded into my cells. “Tigger!”

“Kelly, love, how have you been?” A british voice asked me.

“What the f…” I started.

“Language,” Demetri said walking past the room.

“Well love, I have only changed because now I can speak to you telepathically and verbally,” Tigger said telepathically.

“That’s it, no special stuff?” I asked astonished.

“That’s how fate planned it and that’s how I shall keep it,” Tigger said.

“You sure you don’t want me to change it around a little?” I asked him.

“Speaking of changing, hurry along we have a new lesson for you,” Demetri said walking into the room.

“But I just got finished making my dresser,” I whinnied sitting up.

“Well then, this should be just as easy,” Demetri said smiling and pulling me along with him.

“Kyle, your dad won’t let me rest,” I cried as Demetri pulled me along the floor giving me rug burn.

Kyle walked behind us seeing that his father was dragging me along, and came to pick me up and threw me over his shoulders. He walked over to the couch and say me down, “Sit here and learn.”

“But…but I’m tired,” I whinnied making my eyes into the midnight stars again and puckering out my lower lip.

“Kelly, don’t,” Kyle grunted turning away from me.

“But we worked weally hard on it Kyle, and I’m weally tiwred,” I complained talking in baby talk and getting up so that he was looking at me in the eyes. For the moment that we looked into each others eyes something twinkled in his eyes and the entire eye ball turned into the beautiful midnight sky, free of any stars or clouds.

“Kelly, please just work with me alright, just a little bit of work with Demetri then you can go straight to bed,” Kyle said holding my upper shoulder and leaning his forehead down onto mines.

“But…but,” I stammered lost for my words.

“Kelly, please just this once, then I’ll give you whatever you want,” Kyle said.

“Wow Kelly never knew you could go so soft,” I heard the all too familiar voice say only a few feet away from me.

“Red” I squealed running toward the window and jumping out knowing he would catch me. And just when I was two seconds from the ground I felt tow powerful claws rack at my skin pulling me up toward the sky. Between the clouds and through them, I soared with Red, my best friend for eternity. He finally threw me back into the apartment and I rolled into the carpet floor and hit the couch making a marvelous entrance into the room. Seconds later a brown and black dragon with a long strong jawline came in. All along the abdomen he was black and rest of his body was a muddy brown. He shrank down to the size of Tigger and played with him as they greeted each other.

“Look at you man, king of the dragons! Did you find your one and only true love?” Tigger asked prancing around.

“Yea man, but we’ll get to that later, look at you, you’re the size of a friggin' tiger,” Red complimented hitting his paw against Tigger’s shoulder.

“Yea man, this transformation only changed that and the fact that I can talk,” Tigger said licking his paw.

“Aww, group hug, we’re all back together again,” I said going over to them to hug them. My heart swells when I see that we are all together and now after about four-five days we can be together. We all gather up together me hugging Tigger, and Red wrapping his arms and wings around us finishing off your group hug. As we hugged I felt by heart literally swell up with something and I pulled away grasping at my heart feeling a slight pain and trying to breathe from the overwhelming feeling. I started hyperventilating trying to get myself together but it only seemed to get worse.

“Demetri! Come here, man, she can’t breathe,” Kyle yelled walking over toward me trying to sit me down but my skin was so hot that it burnt his hands when they were an inch away from me. Seconds later Demetri came running into the room looking over at me as I fell to the ground. The hot magma that was moving through my veins was going through my body and mainly in my heart.  My heart then did the impossible…It EXPLODED!