Prelude

Kyle's POV:

Watching Kelly work is the sexiest thing in the world to me. She lets her braids hang in her face as she hums a beat and writes a lyric that 90% of the time was just a draft. When she comes up for air she racks her hands through her hair pulling her braids away from her face pushing the braids to one side of her head. Then when she'd get this great idea and tilt her head back down, swiftly, and create a wonderful song that she was doing right now while Joe and his songwriter were playing with beats on the dock of her sound machine. It was better than watching Picasso at work.

"Kelly, you want anything I'm sending Rock to get some food," Rocky. Joe’s manager, said focusing on his blackberry.

"Umm, I think you're forgetting that I work for Joe, and as his security guard, I am to stay around him and ensure his safety. So how do you expect me to do that acting as your errand boy getting food?" Rock asked crossing his arms. I heard Kelly giggling at Rock's comeback.

Honestly that was the most I've heard him talk since he's been here.

"Look, how about y'all just pick whatever food you want, and I'll get it for all of you," Kelly said getting up and stretching as we heard the bones crack in her back and arms.

"Yeesh, girl, you know the key to being comfortable is walking around so that you don't get stiff like that," Joe advised Kelly.

"Well that stiffness sometimes fuels my music, that's why the entire album is done," Kelly responded walking over to Joe, and her scent wafted over to me, that smell of fine wine. She was wearing jeans and a loose button down shirt that she probably found from her father. When she handed Joe the thick packet of songs, she walked back over to her initial seat, but I pulled her over to me on my lap.

"You look so sexy when you’re at work," I whispered in her ear. Rocky looked at us with an eyebrow raised.

"Thanks baby," she said kissing me on the cheek, "So tell me since you were listening to my thoughts what do you think of the songs?"

"I think they are going to be hits," I said kissing her neck and taking a sniff at it.

“Kelly,” Joe called making Kelly look up from where she was on my lap. “we have songs of our own that are more…” Joe trailed off looking at Lyric for a word that would help him finish his sentence.

“Sexual,” Lyric finished bluntly.

“Okay well I only wrote Almost There, Impossible, Circles, Time of Your Life, and Losing,” Kelly listed. “So that’s only five songs, we have enough room for whatever songs ya’ll want to add.”

“Cool so we’ll come back tomorrow with our songs and the music for it,” Joe said getting up and putting all of his materials away.

“Oh, okay, so tomorrow, I’ll walk you out,” Kelly said getting up and walking with them out of the door.  I moved from the recording room to her room and sat on the hammock where we watched the dragons mate I observed the natured themed room until I felt a prescence behind me. I turned around and saw the little girl, Bettie that claimed to be Kelly’s daughter.

“Hey Kyle, did I scare you?” Bettie asked.

“Sure did kiddo, what are you doing here?” I asked leaning down and picking her up.

“I get to spend the night with Kelly, she said that since I was good back at the care center, I could stay with her for a while,” Bettie said climbing up onto my shoulder.

“Sorry I forgot to tell you, but I promised her some quality time.

“No  problem, you’re kid,” I said holding on to Beattie’s legs.