Together.

Steve's POV.

'Please let it be true.' I prayed. The door opened. My eyes widened. "Peggy?" It was her and she was...young. She smiled sweetly. "Steve!" She said and hugged me. I was stunned. I almost couldn't hug back. "I thought you were dead." I said burying my head in her hair. "I know." She said.

I quickly pull away. "What?" I asked. 'She's not supposed to know about that.' I thought. "I know." She said. "But, how?" I asked. "Howard." Was all she said. "Howard?" "Yes after 'you' left, the um...actual you came in the office. You were right. He did love me and he still does." She paused and looked at me.

She sighed knowing I was still confused. "After a few months Howard told me what you told him. That... We never got married, he told me what year you were from, then he told that you said something happens latter, and he also told me that you said is not getting married wasn't my fault.

Putting 2 and 2 together I finally figured out that during the war something must happen to you sending you to the future and that's why we never get married. Because you would never come back. I then made a promise to never from then on let you go on a mission alone. So when you went on the plane to stop Schmidt I forced you to take me with you." She said holding my hand.

I was in disbelief. "And we crashed together." She said looking down at our hands. "But Peg, how-how did you survive?" "I was frozen like you. I don't really know how I survived in the ice, but it doesn't matter." "How could you risk your life just to be with me?" I asked. "I promised you. I was ever going to loose you again."

I looked in her eyes. "I-I can't believe it! Your here! With me!" I exclaimed in realization. I picked her up and spun her around. When I set her back down she laughed sweetly. "Yes, yes darling! And I will never leave you." She said. "And I won't leave you ever again." I answered then we kissed.

When we pulled away she smiled at me. "I love you Steve darling." I love you to....darling." She giggled "You know that's the first time you've called me that." "Oh." I said smiling.

We walked inside her condo arm and arm. "I'll get us some coffee." She said. "Okay." She walked into the kitchen. I walked over to a table by the wall and saw a picture of her in modern day. It was taken in black and white. She was wearing a polkadot dress and her hair was long. She looked different then she did now. Now she had hair like she did when I met her. She was beautiful.

Peggy walked back in

Peggy walked back in. "I wish I could remember everything but I can't. I feel like I wasn't there." "I understand. You will I'm sure eventually." I nodded.

We sat down on the couch. "How did you know today would be the day I came back?" I asked. "Because this was the first time something this big made you leave me for awhile and...you said Peggy as if you'd seen a ghost. Also Tony called and said you were acting strange and told me you were asking him to tell you what had happened in the last 4 years." She explained. "Oh I see. Well I'm glad to be with you." I told her. "Me to."

"So your my girlfriend?" I asked. "Yes if you still want us to be that is." "Yes I do! Wait!" I said I quickly got to the ground on one knee and took her hand. "Peggy Carter will you go steady with me?" She giggled. "Yes. I will!" We hugged. I was finally happy.