The Avengers.

The fight with Loki...

Steve's POV.

"You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everyone else, we ended up disagreeing." I said to the gaudy dressed Loki. "Ah! The soldier." He laughed. "A man out of time." "I'm not the one whose out of time." I countered. Then from up above in the Quinjet, Agent Romanoff announced... "Loki drop the weapon and stand down." Of course he didn't and fired with his staff at the jet. They dodged it and flew a little higher. That's when I threw my shield at the man. We started fighting and I wasn't doing very well I admit. I was pretty rusty. Then he got me bent over and put his staff to my head. "Kneel!" He growled. I had really had it with him by now. I knocked the staff away and kicked him in his face. "Not today!"  He hit me with his staff and I landed on the ground. I was about to get up , when I heard something like a jet engine. All of the sudden Iron man, who  I had heard of, landed right in front of Loki, with his weapons aimed at him. "Make a move reindeer games." He said. Man he was cocky. I stood next to him. And without a second thought Loki put up his hands in surrender. "Good move."the man said and put down his weapons. "Mr Stark." I said a little annoyed. "Captain." He said.

 Later in the Quinjet

**************************
************************************
"Saying anything?" Fury asked over the radio. "Not a word." Agent Romanoff answered.
"Just get him here." Fury said. I looked over at stark. "I don't like it." I said quietly. "What the 'Rock of Ages' giving up so easily?" He asked mockingly. "I don't remember it being that easy. This guy packs a wallop." I said strongly and looked back at Loki. "Still, you are pretty spry for an older fellow." He said. I looked at him annoyed. I stood there silently.

"Whats your thing, Pilates?" Now I looked at him confused

"Whats your thing, Pilates?" Now I looked at him confused. What's Pilates? This was all Greek to me. "What?" I asked annoyed again. "Oh I'm sorry. You might have missed a couple things. You know doin' time as a Capsickle." He said to me again mockingly. I could not  believe this was Howard's son! He was so pompous! "Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in." I said. "Yeah, there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you." Tony answered. Then there was a crackle of lightning. Loki looked nervous for some reason. "What's the matter? Scared of a little lightning?" I asked Loki. "No but I'm not overly fond of what follows." He said nervously. Just then then something large landed on the jet. I got my shield and Tony got his helmet on. And he opened the hatch. "What are you doing?"I asked jut then A man with long blonde hair landed on the hatch. Tony tried to stop him, the man knocked him away with his giant stone hammer. Then he walked up, grabbed Loki and flew out! "Now there's that guy." Tony said "Another Asgardian?" Romanoff asked. "Think he's friendly?" I asked. "Doesn't matter if he frees Loki or kills him the tesserache''s lost." He stated. For the first time I agreed with him. "Stark we need a plan of attack." "I have a plan. Attack." Then he flew out. 'Just when I was starting to think we could work together.' I thought. I grabbed a parachute and put it on. "I'd sit this one out Cap!" Romanoff yelled. "I don't see how I can." I answered. "These guys come from legends. They're basically gods!" She stated. Wow has this world changed. "There's only one God ma'am and I'm sure he doesn't dress like that." I said and jumped out.
3 days later.
*********************************
**************************************
So we got Clint Barton back. Natasha is pretty happy. We lost Loki again, we don't know where Banner or Thor is and Agent Colson died. It's been a rough 3 days. Fury called what was left of us in to talk. So Me, Stark, and Natasha all came in and sat down. "There was an idea." He started. "Called the Avengers initiative. The idea was to take the worlds immortal or mortal outcasts... and train them to work together and protect the world." We all just looked at each-other. We were the outcasts... "I have to admit it was a long shot,but I believed in you...." He paused "I see now that maybe it was a mistake." We all looked down. "Here Captain." He threw a deck of cards with my picture on the table. I picked one up. They all had blood on them. "Those were Colson's trading cards. He wanted you to sign them. I guess it's too late now." I looked down. We weren't a team. If we would have acted like one maybe Colson would still be with us. "Now I don't know if I believe in the Avengers anymore, but I know one thing... Colson died believing in it." Then Tony stood up and walked out. Later Tony and I figured out where Loki was going to attack next the one and only... Stark Tower. We picked up Natasha and Barton and went to New York. Stark had already flown there ahead of us. Later while we were fighting Loki's alien army,Thor and Banner showed up. That's when a giant monster came at us. Banner started walking towards it. "Dr. Banner, now might be a good time to get angry." I told him. He turned back and looked and me. "That's my secret Captain. I'm always angry." And right away he turned into the Hulk. He smashed the giant creature and it fell to the ground. Now we were a team. We were the Avengers.

Later we had fought Loki's army with all we had in us

Later we had fought Loki's army with all we had in us. We were all exhausted. Then Natasha found out that the staff would close the portal. Me, Thor, Hulk, and Barton were on the ground, Natasha was on the roof of Stark Tower where the portal was, and Stark was flying around. "I can close it, can anyone copy? I can close the Portal." She stated. "Do it!" I exclaimed. "Wait!" stark said in the radio "Stark these things are still coming!"  "I got a nuke coming in it's going to blow in less than a minute." He explained. As we waited for Stark to take care of it, I explained to Thor and Barton what was going on. A few minutes later we watched Stark take the nuke up into the portal. Then he disappeared. We all watched and waited for him to come back, but he never did. All of the sudden all the aliens fell to the ground. We knew he had succeeded in blowing up the mother ship. Thor looked at me and I looked at him. We both knew Stark was gone. "Close it." I said exhaustedly. As it closed something fell out of it. "Son of a gun." I said smiling "He's not slowing down!" Thor said worriedly. He started to take off to catch Stark before he fell to his death, when all of the sudden he was caught by Hulk, and not very gently. He put Stark down and we ran over to him. Thor ripped  Starks mask off and I listen for his breathing. He wasn't. We all just sat there, speechless. Then Hulk growled at him and he woke up. "Ahh! Ah! What just happened?" He said startled we all were just grinning ear to ear. "We won." I said and right then I realized Stark just kinda went through what I did only he didn't wake up years later. "Alright yay! Hey good job guys! Let's just not come in tomorrow. Let's just take a day off." Stark said tiredly. Then we got Loki and took him under custody.

Then after Banner wasn't the hulk anymore went to get shawarma, like Stark suggested

Then after Banner wasn't the hulk anymore went to get shawarma, like Stark suggested. We were all so tired. It was nice to just relax. I didn't really like the shawarma that well though.

Then the next day Thor took Loki back to Asgard and we all went our separate ways until needed again

Then the next day Thor took Loki back to Asgard and we all went our separate ways until needed again. Peggy was right I wasn't alone.