Epilogue

Sandstorm had two healthy kits: a dark ginger she-kit and a light brown tabby she-kit. The ginger kit was named Squirrelkit for her tail as it resembled a squirrel's. Leafkit was the name of the other kit, who was supposedly named after Spottedleaf.

Although TigerClan had been defeated in battle by Tigerstar retreating, Fireheart still felt unease. Squirrelkit and Leafkit had been born a moon after the battle had took place and Fireheart felt that the two she-kits were not save as long as Tigerstar was around.

Fireheart had occasionally thought of Scourge ever since he found out they were half-brothers. He wondered where Scourge would be since Tigerstar most likely wouldn't welcome him into TigerClan ever again.

"Hi, Fireheart," Cinderpelt greeted. She was staring down at Squirrelkit and Leafkit with warmth in her eyes.

"Hello," Fireheart returned the greeting. Sandstorm pushed past the two cats with mice hanging from her jaws. Leafkit and Squirrelkit noticed the mice, looking happier. Sandstorm settled herself onto the moss bedding and dropped the mice in front of Leafkit's and Squirrelkit's tiny paws.

"I'll be the first one to finish the mouse!" Squirrelkit squeaked challengingly and began scoffing the mouse. Leafkit blinked and began to take a bite out of her mouse as quickly as she could. No cat will be save anymore. Tigerstar will most likely have more plans in his mind than all the prey in the forest.

But until Tigerstar was truly dead, Fireheart would not give up. Fireheart had always been ready for the challenge ever since he first joined TigerClan when it was ThunderClan. If Tigerstar expected another fight to be propelled at him, Fireheart would prepare himself more than ever.

Barley entered the barn with Ravenflight and Cloudpaw. Fireheart turned his head, only to be surprised at the arrival of the two TigerClan cats. He then walked over to them, happy to see them.

"Tigerstar chased me out of TigerClan," Cloudpaw told Fireheart. The young cat did look thinner than he usually did, he had to admit. "Ravenflight found me in the woods and suggested we come here."

"I ran away from TigerClan," Ravenflight began. "Tigerstar wasn't pleased with me at the battle and I think he was plotting to kill me. I mean, Redtail, so. . . yeah."

"You're more than welcome to stay in my barn," Barley meowed. "Does Tigerstar know of your location right now?"

"No," Ravenflight replied. "At - at least I didn't see him on the way here." Located on Cloudpaw's shoulder Fireheart saw a scar. It wasn't fresh and he guessed a cat must have attacked him.

"Cinderpelt, could you check Cloudpaw's scar?" Fireheart called to the dark grey she-cat. Cinderpelt's ear flicked up and she gave a nod.

"It's fine," Cloudpaw insisted. "I'd be dead if it weren't."

"You might have an infection though," Cinderpelt reminded. "When did you get this?"

"A while ago when I was hunting," Cloudpaw replied. "This - Scourge - came out of nowhere and attacked me. I was left with this and that was when I had left TigerClan. I'm exiled like you guys."

"Ravenflight, do you know what Tigerstar is planning?" Fireheart asked the black tom. Ravenflight shook his head.

"He hasn't mentioned anything about wars at all. All he's been going on about is how Brokenstar was killed by him."

"Tigerstar killed Brokenstar?" Fireheart asked. He never expected that to happen. Brokenstar and Tigerstar were allies, after all, but seeing as Brokenstar was blind he'd mean no use. He missed his former Clanmates a lot and began to understand they were only doing what Tigerstar told them.

But the look in Swiftshadow's eyes after witnessing the death of Crookedstar shook him. The young warrior looked as if he enjoyed seeing the RiverClan leader's final life being ripped away like fresh-kill.

"I wonder how Stormpaw and Featherpaw are doing," Greystripe murmured half to himself. He looked as if he were in a daydream as he stared at the hay stack. One day every cat will be free from Tigerstar's paws. But when will that day come? In moons - seasons, even?

As Fireheart stared with wonder in his mind a voice whispered into his ear: The feather among the fallen leaves will unite with a blazing fire. Then Fireheart's head lifted up at the voice's whisper that delivered a prophecy.

A/N:

Book two: "Warriors: Danger Rising" is out now. Go check that out if you enjoyed this story. Thanks for all the reads/votes! I didn't think this story would be as popular as it is now. Thanks again to everyone. ^^