Prologue

Now named Tigerstar, he had returned from the Moonstone after receiving his nine lives from StarClan, though they were reluctant to give them his lives. He had been waiting for this moment to come for many moons and now he felt smug about his own achievement. He had already chosen Longtail as his faithful deputy of ThunderClan even though he didn't really care much for him.

Fireheart looked up at his new leader, standing next to Greystripe and Tigerstar's former apprentice, Ravenflight, whom he had despised for showing weakness and not any good skills in fighting. Ravenflight looked up at the new ThunderClan leader, his eyes wide with fear as his legs shook from beneath him.

Tigerstar knew he had witnessed him murdering Redtail at Sunningrocks just before Fireheart had come to the Clans. Ravenflight definitely knew what Tigerstar could be capable of unlike the rest of his Clanmates. To him, Tigerstar was nothing more than a cold-blooded murderer while to his Clanmates, they saw his facade as a strong and loyal warrior, fiercely sticking to the warrior code.

"Let all cats gather beneath the Highrock," Tigerstar yowled loudly. His call made cats gather below the rock as he stood pridefully on it, looking down at them as if they were his prey.

"We better go and gather." Tigerstar's ear twitched as he heard Graystripe mew to Fireheart and Sandstorm. Fireheart seemed slightly reluctant to but eventually he did. The ginger tom, his pelt turned almost like fire under the sunlight, settled next to Sandstorm.

"It is a shame that our brave and loyal leader, Bluestar, died. Now we will continue to honour Bluestar's leadership through mine. I will protect and guide every cat in ThunderClan no matter what hardships we may face, as I am your new leader, and ThunderClan will never crumble."

Tigerstar found his gaze setting onto Swiftpaw, Longtail's apprentice. He should become a warrior. If I want more followers to be blinded, then I must ensure they want to be like me if I treat them the way they want to be, he thought. "Swiftpaw, come up here. I will start off my leadership by naming this apprentice a warrior like he deserves."

Swiftpaw's gaze glittered with happiness after he gave a look of surprise. Longtail gave a nod to him, looking proud of both himself and his apprentice whom he had a close bond with. As if Tigerstar had already called him up, Swiftpaw decided to head towards him.

"From what I have seen, this apprentice has proven he can be made a warrior with his skill. Swiftpaw,do you promise to protect your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

Immediately, Swiftpaw answered while puffing out his chest fur, "I do!"

"Then I, Tigerstar, leader of ThunderClan, look up to StarClan to look down upon this apprentice. He has learnt all the ways of your noble code and is ready to become a warrior. Swiftpaw, from this day on you will be known as Swiftshadow. StarClan honours your courage and bravery and welcomes you as a full warrior of ThunderClan."

"Swiftshadow! Swiftshadow!" the Clan began chanting in unison. Swiftshadow looked pleased while Brightpaw didn't. Cloudpaw gave a look of jealousy before he started to talk to the ginger-patched she-cat.

If I made Cloudpaw a warrior, then he could help me get rid of Fireheart if I showed a little bit of kindness to him. "Cloudpaw."

The white apprentice's blue gaze brightened and he immediately bounded next to Swiftshadow, showing nothing more than the excitement he couldn't contain. "Cloudpaw, you will be known as Cloudtail."

"Cloudtail! Cloudtail!"

"Also, I hereby rename ThunderClan as TigerClan," Tigerstar announced as soon as the chanting died out. Swiftshadow and Cloudtail went back to their original places. "We will forever be remembered as the Clan that have the strength of the ancient Clan, and it has come to my mind TigerClan would be better as a name rather than ThunderClan."