Chapter Six

Tigerstar crossed onto the Thunderpath, a path where monsters drove on, Twolegs swallowed in its belly. The scents of any monsters being on the path recently was fresh, as well as the scent of blood. Tigerstar licked his lips slightly; he liked blood a lot as he spilled a lot during his lifetime. The sight of blood made him happy and he stopped walking. Up ahead of him lay Whitethroat, a ShadowClan warrior.

Whitethroat was lying on the grass, unmoving, and when Tigerstar walked over to his body there was no movement from the warrior. Tigerstar then prodded him at the side and then assumed he was struck down by a passing monster. Whitethroat's eyes were open, looking horrified form most likely when he was about to be hit. Tigerstar closed them with his paw and continued walking, leaving the deceased warrior's body behind.

He walked into the bushes for several heartbeats before coming out, where brambles surrounded an entrance to the ShadowClan camp. Tigerstar crouched, crawling through the gap in the brambles, feeling them tugging at his pelt. This didn't bother him at all as he always went into ShadowClan's camp daily, seeing as he was their leader.

"Tigerstar's here!" Russetfur alerted her Clanmates as she spotted the dark tabby first. Tigerstar could feel gazes fixing onto him as he looked around at his second Clans' camp. He leaped onto the smooth boulder at the edge of the clearing where a ShadowClan leader would normally address his Clan for meetings.

"Let all noble ShadowClan rogues, the followers of Brokenstar, gather around me!" Tigerstar yowled. Russetfur was the first of Brokenstar's rogues to gather around Tigerstar, Blackfoot following behind. Soon Boulder and Jaggedtooth joined them. Clawface would have joined them too if he were alive, Tigerstar thought. Nightwhisper, too, but he's back in TigerClan. "I would like to announce that you will be moving to TigerClan."

"Why?" Blackfoot questioned. "ShadowClan needs me as their deputy. Do you really think they could cope without me?"

"That's also what I was going to move on if you'd let me speak," Tigerstar growled. "Your Clan may as well join you. Together ShadowClan and TigerClan will unite, making TigerClan strong. Soon Crookedstar and Tallstar will have no choice but to join our strong, fierce Clan."

"A ShadowClan cat is an independent cat," Russetfur pointed out to Tigerstar. "We've never relied on any Clan to make us continue to thrive. Whatever happens, we don't need some other Clan's help. Your offer is tempting but we'd rather remain the dark heart of the forest."

"I'm not giving you the choice," Tigerstar snarled, baring his lip. "You will unite or die, Russetfur. I don't care about what you think because I will always be the leader of the forest. Blackfoot, you shall lead TigerClan and ShadowClan with me. You will be Blackstar, granted the nine lives of a leader by StarClan."

"Thank you, Tigerstar." Blackfoot's amber eyes glittered as he dipped his head in respect. Russetfur didn't look pleased while Jaggedtooth and Boulder didn't seem to be bothered at all.

"The rest of ShadowClan, join Brokenstar's followers," Tigerstar called out and the rest of ShadowClan joined the former rogues. "I have good news to you all, my dear Clan. You are going to unite with TigerClan, being strong."

"Where is Whitethroat? He hasn't been in camp all sunrise," a voice questioned. It was Cedarpaw, Russetfur's apprentice. He looked pretty worried about Whitethroat.

"You do not speak when I, the great Tigerstar, am speaking, do you hear me?" Tigerstar questioned the apprentice. "For those that think they can, you have thought wrong." He leaped from the boulder, unsheathing his claws, and lashes his claws out at Cedarpaw. Cedarpaw was struck by surprise as Tigerstar's claw spilled blood from the side of his face. Cedarpaw's eyes were wide with horror at the sight of his own leader attacking him. "I forgot to mention your missing little Whitethroat is dead."