Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"I don't know what went on back there, but I think I understand some of it. What happened back there?" Thomas asked, the moment I returned home through the window. I was currently in my bathroom, changing shirts. The one I had on was bloody. Poor animal. Thomas was outside the bathroom door, in my bedroom.

I put the new shirt on, and opened the door. Thomas was laying on my bed, staring at my ceiling. I sighed and walked over to him, and laid down next to him on my bed. I looked up at my pale ceiling,

"I don't know, Thomas. One minute we were meeting the leader, the next I've realized that Ashton and I are mates. I just....felt so angry, that he didn't tell me. That I had to find out on my own." I frowned at the ceiling after my confessions.

"If grant never told us how it felt, I wonder if I would've ever known." I said softly. Thomas turned and looked at me.

"I'm sure he would've told you. Either that or you realized your feeling for him-"

I blushed a deep red, "I have no feeling for-"

"There's no need to lie about it. And, as much as I would love you to date Collin, you and Ashton are mates. You can't avoid fate." Thomas said softly. You can't avoid fate. It echoed throughout my mind.

"You can't avoid fate..." I murmured, and Thomas smiled,

"I have to tell you something." I nodded for him to continue, when suddenly my room door bust open. Mom stood there with her hands on her hips. A scowl on her face,

"You two skipped school, and just returned home? I can't believe you two!" I looked down and sighed,

"Look mom-"

"You didn't let me finish, shame on you elizabeth." I frowned slightly, "I can't believe you two aren't dressed! The dinner is in less than an hour. Collins family will expect us to be there on time, and dressed. So, get to it." Crap, I totally forgot about the dinner thingy with Collins family.

"Wait, you're not mad we skipped?" I asked, confused. Mom smirked,

"I sent you two to go to high school to experience the human way of life. How can you experience it without skipping a few times. I skipped class lots of times, in my youth." I smirked and slyly muttered,

"Thousands of years ago." Mom glared at me,

"Hundreds of years ago, thank you very much. Just get ready, both of you." She said glaring at us. With one final glare she walked away. I sighed and stood up and immediately walked over to my closet,

"I gotta find something to wear. You can tell me what you wanted to later." Thomas nodded, and walked out. I looked through my closet for a nice dress. Knowing that my mom would kill me if I wore jeans.

I rummaged around until I pulled out a red dress, covered in small white dots. I smiled, I forgot about this dress. I pulled out a pair of red flats, and walked into the bathroom.

I turned on the shower, and waited until I saw steam. Yes, I like my showers hot. I let the water run through my hair, as I thought about Ashton. The thought of Ashton being my mate gave me shivers. The good ones.

Ashton was gorgeous with his bright green eyes, and golden blonde hair. Ashton was beyond gorgeous, he was perfect. And, as much as I hate to admit it, I really like Ashton. But, the thing that makes me angry, is that he knew we were mates and he didn't tell me.

I had to find out from his leader, Grant. I smiled, remembering Grants face that was filled with love, when he described his fiancé. I wonder if Ashton and I could....I shook my head, I have to stop thinking about him. I refuse to think about him, until he gives me a good explanation.