Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Okay, as much as I would love to drone on and on about the school rules and crap, I'm not going to. For one, you guys have been going to this school since freshmen year, so I'm guessing you're well aware of the rules. And two, they don't pay me enough." Half of the class laughed.

This teacher seemed funny. He was the English teacher. He seemed like he was fresh out of college. And, he was attractive. With chocolate brown eyes, and dark brown hair. Judging from the look on most of the girls faces, I wasn't the only one who noticed.

"This is AP English, and of course there will be essays, and a lot of assignments. Lots of tests, and quizzes. But, I'm not entirely mean. So, during most of this you will either have partners. Or, I will just make it a group assignment. This will only be during assignments. You're on your own, when it comes to essays, quizzes, and of course, tests."

I sighed, and tried to listen. But, considering the fact that I learned everything there is to learn in high school, hundreds of years ago, I'm bored. I don't have to read about things such as The Civil War, when I was right there. Watching it.

"I could go on and on about all the things we're gonna do, this year. But, I'm not. If you're really that interested in knowing, you'll find out during Open House. Do I have any questions?" Nobody raised their hands, and he nodded,

"Good. I wouldn't have answered them anyway. I'm Mr. Williams, if you forgot, and if you need me. I'll be sitting behind the desk, reading." With that said, he walked over to his desk, and pulled out a book. Just like he said, he was reading.

I sighed and turned to Thomas, who looked half-dead. Someone needs to hunt. We don't have to go constantly, vampires can go up to a year without hunting. But, we don't. You can never be too sure, around here. And, if you get into a fight with another vamp, you need all of your energy.

"I'm bored." I said, laying my head on the desk. Thomas nodded, and laid his head down on the desk also. I felt eyes burning the side of my head. I looked up, my eyes connecting with a pair of blue orbs. I didn't back down, and he didn't either. Suddenly, Thomas cleared his throat.

I turned to him, breaking eye contact with Collin. He gave me a knowing smile, and I rolled my eyes with a frown on my face,

"Don't say anything. I know what you're gonna say, and you're wrong." I said, glaring at him. He laughed,

"I wasn't gonna say anything. I just thought you needed a break from eye-raping the guy." My face flushed, and Thomas chuckled. The rest of the class was spent with Thomas teasing me.

When the bell ranged, I was actually glad to get away from my older brother. I was walking down the hallway, when someone shouted my name. I turned around to see Collin waving his hand like a crazy person. I turned back around, and started to speed walk. I would've ran, but I didn't want to seem like a nut-job.

Collin started to walk faster too. Everyone was watching us, as we basically ran down the hallway. I turned a corner. Suddenly I was pulled into a classroom. I was pushed against a door, and a hand was covering my mouth. My eyes grew, when I smelled the scent of a vampire.

I looked at my intruder to see Ashton, staring back at me. He was looking at me intensely. I said something, but it came out muffled. Ashton shushed me, and looked at the door. I listened, and heard some footsteps stop by the door. My breath caught in my throat.

When the footsteps walked away, I pushed Ashton away. He removed his hand, and looked down at me. Amused.

"Is that the thanks I get, from saying you from lover boy? Why were you running anyway? Trouble in paradise." I frowned at Ashton, but he just stood back with a smirk on his face. Oh, what I would do to slap that smirk off his face.