Chapter 4

Chapter 4

High school is odd. Girl's talk about guys. Guys talk about girls. If you like someone, just talk to them. Gosh, humans complicate everything. The bell just ranged, signaling the end of school. I was so excited, to leave. I even felt like skipping, isn't that weird?

While I was walking, trying so hard not to smile someone stepped in my way. Stopping in my tracks, I connected eyes with a girl who was caked up on make-up. Cindy Rivers.

She flashed a big fake smile, "Hi, I'm Cindy Rivers." She extended her hand, and I just stared at it. I slowly grabbed her hand, but she quickly pulled it back. She kind of hissed too,

"Woah, your hands are really cold." I nodded, quickly thinking of something to say,

"Yeah, it's a medical condition called Cold Hands." If she's stupid enough to believe that, then she's an idiot. Unless there's actually a condition called Cold Hands. Hmmmm...

Cindy nodded in understanding, "Yeah, my grandma has that." What the fudge? "Anyway, I'm here to talk to you about something." She stood closer and leaned down,

"Now, I couldn't help but notice Collin speaking to you. And, I'm here to tell you right here, right now. Don't even try it. He's mine. We've been together since middle school, and that's not gonna get ruined by some tramp, who just got here. Got it?" I wanted nothing more, than to punch her in the face.

But, I'm sure mom wouldn't be happy with me. If I got suspended on the first day of school. Even if I wasn't gonna harm a human physically, doesn't mean one will get away by calling me names.

"Look, Sydney." I said. Purposely calling her the wrong name, "Maybe, it's all that make-up thats messing with your brain or something, but I have no interest in Collin. If you want to know what a tramp is, look in the mirror. I just came here, and I'm not gonna let this new school experience get ruined by some bitch. Got it?" I asked, giving her a smirk.

She was stunned to silence, opening and closing her mouth like a fish. I turned around and walked away. Im very shocked that the schools 'it' girl isn't a brunette, or blonde. That's what they usually look like on t.v. I've never seen an 'it' girl with light brown hair, and sandy brown eyes. But, the way they speak is the same.

And Collin, I mentally scoffed. I've never even thought of him in that way. Okay, maybe when I see him my heart 'races'. But, maybe it's from hatred. And, maybe he's a pretty attractive guy. That means nothing. Besides, he never gave off the, 'Im-in-a-relationship' vibe.

I walked into the parking lot, and noticed Thomas's car surrounded by a few girls. Rolling my eyes, I made my way towards the car. I just need to forget this Collin kid. He's human. Period.

"Yeah, I've been around the world a few times. My family loves to travel. Hawaii, Alaska, Australia, you name it. We've been." Thomas bragged. The girls visibly swooned. Well, he wasn't lying. When you live as long as we do, you have to do something to make yourself not die of boredom.

I walked up to him, and his eyes snapped to me, "Sorry ladies, my sister just got here. We gotta go. But, I'm thankful that you all volunteered to walk me to my car. I really am." I could feel my brothers smirk, other than see it.

When we got inside, I raised an eyebrow at him, "Seriously, Thomas. I didn't know you wanted to become the schools playboy." Thomas laughed and shook his head no,

"I'm experimenting human girls. Earlier today, I told a few that my family has money, and suddenly I've become really popular. And, rumors are spreading that Cindy Rivers and I are dating." Thomas snorted, "As if I'll date that clown face." I rolled my eyes at Thomas,