Chapter 7

Chapter 7

The cold night air, had no affect on me. As I walked through the woods. Leaves crunched under my feet, as I continued to walk seeking out some food source. The cold wind blew, taking a few leaves with it.

The moon wasn't exactly full, but it was getting there. The light shined brightly down on me, as though it was watching. I walked pass trees swiftly, like I was in the matrix or something.

Suddenly, I heard a heartbeat. I walked towards the lovely sound, and hid behind a tree. I looked out to see a little bunny. Aww....bunnies are so cute. It's a shame that I have to kill it. I thought sadly. I extended my fangs, prepared to get it when suddenly a black blur passed and swiftly took my food with it. I frowned,

"Hey!" I yelled into the air. I glared out into the night, "Get back here, and give me my food back!" Suddenly, the black blur came again. Except this time it stopped in front of me. My eyes connected with a pair of green ones and I frowned,

"I should've known it was you." Ashton smirked at me, showing his bloody teeth. I frowned, thinking back to the rabbit that he stole from me. I pointed at him,

"You stole my food. What am I suppose to do now?" I asked, raising my hands in the air, letting them drop to my sides. Ashton smirked and took a step towards me. I instantly backed away but Ashton grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him. Chest to chest. He leaned down.

"Baby, if you really need blood. You can drink from me." I instantly blushed, and thought about how warm I felt whenever I was close to Ashton. I shook my head, quickly getting out of the trance he put me in,

"Ashton, I would rather-" Ashton put his finger on my lips, silencing me. I sent him a glare, but he chose to ignore it.

"Kiss me? Well, if you say so." I was gonna protest when I felt Ashton's lips on my cheek. My eyes grew wide, when I realized I was enjoying this. Ashton pulled back from my cheek. He stared into my eyes with this intense look,

"Sweet dreams, angel." I was gonna reply, when suddenly he was gone. I sniffed the air, and looked down. The rabbit was dead, and sitting below my feet. I picked it up, and looked out into the darkness. Maybe he isn't such an asshole after all. But, what was up with that intense look?

I took a few steps towards my house, before I used my vamp speed. I drained the rabbit and buried the body in the woods. I walked inside, and took a bath. My mind still on Ashton. And, that kiss. Well, it was a kiss on the cheek. But, it was still a kiss.

When I was through with my bath, I got out and dried myself. I put on a few clothes and took a nap. Should I confront him tomorrow at school? Or pretend that it never happened? Why am I still thinking about this kiss? It was a kiss on the cheek. The cheek!

With that thought I took my nap. Thinking about a certain green-eye boy.

"And, then that Miley Cyrus girl, stepped onto the stage and started to Twerk. And, I immediately turned the channel.....Elizabeth, are you listening?" I snapped out of my trance and turned to Thomas.

"Uh, of course I'm listening. You were talking about....uh, not letting uncle near our bathroom. Because, he really messed up the one downstairs. I thought I was gonna pass out right then and there." Thomas shook his head,

"I wasn't talking about that, even though it's true. Are you okay? Ever since you came back from hunting last night, you've been a little...off." I huffed, and stared out of our cars window. We were on our way to school, and I've been feeling weird. Like I was nervous about something. But, I've never been nervous before.

"I'm fine, Thomas. I've just been feeling...bad. Maybe the rabbit I drained had rabies or something." I shrugged, knowing that, that was a lie. Even if it did, I wouldn't have been affected by it. Vampires can't get sick.