Chapter 18: It Was Expected Though

Harry’s POV

“I’m tiiireeeed.” I whin ed, burying my face into Louis’s shoulder. The older boy just laughed at me, moving his hand to tangle his fingers in my curls and scratch at my scalp soothingly.

“You’re the one who insisted on staying up to watch this.” He told me, lips twitching up in amusement even though I could see the same amount of exhaustion in his eyes seeping through.

“Yeah, because I want to see how Ed does.” I said. “But it doesn’t change the fact that it’s late.”

I had pleaded with Louis for the past day to stay up with me and watch the Grammys tonight. Because of the time difference they didn’t start till after midnight in London, but I was insistent on seeing how Ed did being he was nominated and was performing. He was one of my best mates after all and I knew he’d do the same for me. That and the fact that I couldn’t help but be a tiny bit curious as to what Taylor was going to end up saying about me. I knew very well that with her being on stage, she was going to end up doing something to insult me in some way. Louis knew this too, and although he wanted to watch what the bitch had to say just as bad he told me that it would be better if we ignored her and just watched some of the recaps in the morning.

“It won’t be good to sit through that love.” He had told me. “You know that she’s going to call you out in some way.”

“Well may as well be watching it live rather than catching the tail end of it and all of the rumors that will start. If it’s going to happen and I want to see it for myself.” I responded. “And that isn’t even the main purpose of watching.”

And it wasn’t. It was for Ed.

I wasn’t just telling myself that.

So that led us to where we were now, cuddled up on the couch with tea on the table next to us, trying to keep our eyes open.

My phone buzzed and I looked down to see the text I had just received.

“Ed just texted me. He’s going on soon.” I told my boyfriend. Louis nodded, not breaking his stare on the television as his fingers continued to move through my hair.

I let out a content sigh and craned my head up to kiss at his neck and collarbones.

“I love you.” I mumbled sleepily.

“Love you too Haz. Now stay up. I’m not sitting here to watch this by myself you know.”

“I’m awake, calm down.” I protested.

“Well you’re getting a little too comfortable for my liking.” Louis teased.

“Fine.” I pouted. “I just won’t do that anymore.” I said disconnecting myself from him and moving to lean against the other side of the couch. “Don’t want to get too comfortable now do I?”

“You’re such a child.” Louis rolled his eyes at me. I just looked over and narrowed my eyes, sticking my tongue out a bit.

He grinned at me fondly and reached out, trying to grab onto my arm and pull me back into him but I shrugged him off, staying planted in my seat on the other side of the couch.

“Hazza.” He whined.

“Now who’s the child?” I asked, a smirk appearing on my face.

“I hate you.” He grumbled crossing his arms over his chest.

“No you don’t.” I went right back at him.

“I know.” he shrugged. “Now c’mere will you?” he said pulling me back into him again, and this time I let him, melting into his side immediately. He tilted my chin up and pressed a soft kiss on my lips, making my heart do it’s little flutter in my chest before he broke away and smiled at me, blue eyes shining as he leaned back against the back of the couch and his hand taking its original place in my hair.