Chapter 5: Secret Hopes

Lottie’s POV

I watched in slight disappointment as Harry walked away, Taylor clinging to his arm. She looked over her shoulder and her eye scanned over all of us, a victorious smirk playing on her face as if Harry was a prize that she had just won from us. I let out a breath, my eyes narrowing and lips curving into a small frown.

“That’s cool too…” I breathed looking down. All of my sister’s and I had really been looking forward to this visit for so many different reasons. The first and most obvious one was the fact that we got to see our brother. Everyone had missed Louis desperately, despite his visits every now and again. It obviously wasn’t the same, him not being there all the time, but none of us were complaining. This was absolutely amazing. I mean, my brother is one of the five most famous lads in the world! We were all so happy and proud of him.

Other than that fact, and that it was obviously exciting to be in America and getting to go to see Lou and the other’s perform at Madison Square Garden, we were really looking forward to seeing the other members of the band, Harry especially. It was silly I guess, but my brother’s curly haired mate had really become part of our family. Everyone knew that Louis and Harry had clicked form the beginning and were always the closest, Harry coming back to Doncaster often to visit with Lou, and Louis going over to Cheshire to visit the Style’s family with Haz as well. But recently they hadn’t been coming around much and it was easy to see they had drifted apart. We all knew it was because of all the Larry crap floating around and the rumors about him being gay and that Eleanor was just a cover up. I mean, the poor lads couldn’t go anywhere together without a new story being spread that they were on a date.

To be honest I wouldn’t really mind if the rumors were true. I, along with the rest of my family, had nothing against gays and Louis knows that we would always support him if that was the case. But, it was made very clear by him that he indeed was not gay by all of the protests and arguments he put up with the fans and media about the ridiculous rumors. He was very bothered by it and it was kind of sad. He was letting all of the hate and words get to him and slowly break his friendship with Harry apart. I mean it was obvious that Management was getting on him about it, but I think it was just all of the hate that was caused by it. Especially for Eleanor.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I love Eleanor. I think she’s a great girl, but something inside of me just doesn’t think she’s the one for Louis. I think they would be better as friends, rather than a couple. Maybe it’s kind of sad that I think Harry would be a better partner for my brother than his actual girlfriend. Is it bad that I secretly hope my brother would be gay? I don’t know, it just seems that he’d be a whole lot happier and there’d be so much less… drama.

Fizzy and I had actually talked about it a few times. She agreed with me on a lot of it, but we both knew never to speak our thoughts to Lou or Harry. They’d get upset and it would just made a scene. Whenever someone asked if Louis was gay, which was a lot more than you would expect, we both got defensive over the subject. Everyone in our family and that was close to Louis did. We all knew how much it bothered him and we supported his decisions.

“Louis… Are you alright?” I heard Daisy squeak, bringing me out of my mini rant in my head, looking at our older brother. He stood there, staring after the couple as they walked over towards Harry’s sister and mother. His face was stony and I could see the muscles in his face taught in anger and annoyance. His eyes glistened with annoyance and something else. Now I knew my brother well, so it was easy for me to recognize this emotion as jealousy. But that doesn’t seem to make much sense. I mean yeah, what Taylor just did was kind of bitchy, but he shouldn’t be jealous.