Chapter 17: You're the One Whose Trouble

Louis’s POV

“Harry!” I called when I walked into the flat. “Where are you babe?”

I continued to make my way into the kitchen, tossing my keys onto the counter and placing down the few groceries that I had gone out to pick up. I waited for Harry’s reply to let me know where he was like usual, but it never came. I froze for a second; trying to see if I could hear something that would give me a clue to where the curly lad could be but I heard only silence.

“Haz?” I called again walking from the kitchen suspiciously. It didn’t take me long to locate him, finding him sitting on the couch with a magazine in his hands and a frown on his face.

“They you are pumpkin.” I smiled at the younger boy, who still hadn’t looked up from whatever he was reading. I didn’t mind though, simply sauntering over to him and leaning down to place a kiss in his rumpled mess of curls. He just gave an annoyed little grunt of acknowledgement.

I froze and gave him a strange look.

“Well hello to you too sunshine.” I chuckled. “What’s up your ass?”

Harry let out a loud huff and dropped his hands and the magazine down to his lap looking up at me with distressed looking green eyes. My expression immediately softened as an adorable little pout settled on his lips.

“Haz, what’s the matter?” I asked in concern. He sighed and pointed down at the article that the magazine was open to.

“It’s been nearly a month and I’m still reading about this shit and all of the crap and basically lies that this whore is saying about me.” Harry growled in frustration. “It’s on the cover of every magazine and half the shit isn’t even true.”

I knew that he was immediately talking about Taylor. She hadn’t been the nicest person when it came to the break up, and never failed to answer a paparazzi or interviewer with a question on the topic with some sort of immature or even nasty answer. It was obvious that Harry had ended it before she was done with whatever their relationship was offering her, but we all sure as hell knew that she’d have plenty of song writing material.

“What did she say this time?”I asked flatly, knowing how bothered my boyfriend was getting by all the shit that had been flying around about him. She was giving him a bad name, making him look more like a womanizer, but also in some cases, making him seem desperate, saying that he had been trying to get in touch with her and asking her to take him back.

None of the above being true, obviously.

“The fucking usual.” He grumbled looking back down at the article pointing at a certain paragraph. “Uh…” he mumbled scanning it to find what he wanted to share with me as I sat down next to him, resting my head on his shoulder as I awaited him to speak. “Here. When asked how Swift feels when she looks back on the relationship, she says “I really don’t know what I was thinking at first. I mean I had heard the many stories about him being the flirt and womanizer of the group, having a bunch of one night stands and small little meaningless relationships. But I guess he just caught me with that charm of his. I’m sure millions of girls could vouch for me on that one. And of course he’s incredibly talented and handsome. I thought I had really landed a keeper.”” Harry read aloud.

I scoffed, cutting him off.

“She didn’t think you were a keeper.” I growled, my fists clenching. “You were just another one of her publicity stunts. And of course she’s making you look like the heartbreaker.” The lad just nodded silently an upset look still evident on his face. I sighed. “Continue.” I said, trying to keep my temper so he could finish.