Chapter 12: Rot in Hell

Harry’s POV

“Harry?” I heard Louis’s irritated voice call. I sent the message I was typing before looking up, carefully avoiding the older lad’s gaze.

“Wha?” I mumbled a response, looking around at my four mates who were staring at me impatiently.

“Were you just paying attention?” Liam huffed, rubbing his face.

“Well I missed what you just said, sorry. Taylor texted me.” I told them holding my phone up.

“Can you just put the damn thing away for two minutes? I’m not texting Perrie right this second now am I?” Zayn said angrily. I frowned a bit, my eyes narrowing.

“Sorry lads, it’s kind of important though, we’re discussing when I have to pick her up.” I said, looking back down at the device in my hands as it vibrated with a new message.

“What do you mean pick her up?” Niall questioned, looking confused and also rather annoyed like the rest of them.

“She just landed in London and is going to a hotel now. We’re going to go out tonight and I have to go get her.” I explained.

“Why the hell is she here? Weren’t you just with her like two weeks ago for New Years?!” Louis exclaimed looking hurt and angry. I bit my lip as my eyes betrayed me and I took in the appearance of my best mate.

Why did he look so upset? It wasn’t like he cared. He didn’t care about anything that had to do with me anymore. That’s the way he acted. With the amount of arguments we have been in recently, I wasn’t even sure if we were mates anymore. He was always pushing me away or picking dumb fights. That’s why Taylor was here. Well one of the reasons. If he didn’t care about me, I was going to push him away too and prove that I didn’t need him. I was going to drown myself in everything that was Taylor Swift and force myself to forget all about Louis Tomlinson, my bes-… ex best mate.

But it was more to just forget the fact that actually forgetting him was completely impossible.

I couldn’t live without him.

I couldn’t forget him.

I love him.

My stomach churned at the thought. I hated it. I didn’t want to love him. I didn’t want to be gay. I didn’t want to accept all of this. I just wanted to push it all away and have everything go back to normal. Where Louis was my best mate and the only love I had for him was friendly.

But I don’t think there ever was a time where it was just friendly love. I think I loved the older man before me since the moment I met him. I just never realized or accepted it.

I didn’t think that this is who I actually was.