Girls vs. Boys (7) - Glue

December 3rd, 2007

“Oh, no. She has that look in her eye.”

I glared at Chelsea for only a moment before turning back toward my notebook. I was coming up with ways to get Jesse back for gluing my hand to the racket, and I had a whole page full when she finally decided to enter the classroom.

“You know Jordan,” Aimee sighed, leaning back in her chair as she looked over at what I had written. “She’s not going to stop until she wins. And who knows when that’ll happen?”

“Well, we don’t know very much about that Jesse guy,” AJ reminded us all, and my teeth grinded together at the mention of him. I was going to win this fight! “Who knows when he’ll give up? He could go as long as Jordan could. Maybe even longer.”

AJ looked down at my scribbling hand. “I don’t think anyone could go longer than Jordan.”

“You’re going to glue his feet to the floor?” Chelsea asked me, reading one of my possible pranks over my shoulder. “Isn’t that kind of useless? He could just wiggle his way out of his shoes and then he’s free. And I highly doubt he’ll ever be barefoot around you… Unless he stays the night or something.”

“Chelsea!” I squeaked, raising a hand to cover my burning cheeks. “Don’t say anything embarrassing like that!”

“Yeah, Chelsea,” Lexi started, and I knew that she was not going to be on my side for this. “We all know Jordan rather have Dallas spend the night than Jesse.”

“You’re all so embarrassing!”

The four girls snickered, and all I could do was stare down at the paper flatly, crossing the gluing feet option right off the list.

“Why do all of these options include glue?” Lexi questioned, taking my notebook from me so she could get a better look.

“Because I want it to be like the prank he pulled on me,” I told them with a sigh, ripping the piece of paper out of my notebook before crumpling it up and throwing it into the trashcan. “I could always just use a different prank, but I want it to be the same… I just don’t know what to glue! It’s not like he has a racket or anything…”

“I got it!” Lexi smiled, practically jumping up and down as she did so. “Why don’t you glue his hands together? Are you going to use the same kind of glue that doesn’t damage the skin and washes off after a few hours?”

I nodded. “Yeah, I already bought it.”

“The only problem with that is where is she going to meet up with him again?” Aimee questioned, leaning forward so she was in between Lexi and me now. “It’s not like he’s following her around or anything. She hasn’t even seen him since Wednesday. How do you know you’ll ever even see him again?”

I stared down flatly at the glue that I had pulled out of my pocket. “Oh, believe me. I’ll see him again.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When I found Jesse asleep on a park bench an hour after school had ended, I thought it was just luck. He looked like a homeless person; who else slept on a bench? I fingered the glue that continued to rest in my pocket, and I made a face when I saw that Jesse was lying on one of his hands.

As he breathed in and out, a wicked grin grew on my face when I got an idea. Instead of gluing his hands together, maybe I would just do an old classical prank…