Girls vs. Boys (15) - The Infamous Chapter

April 17th, 2008

“Sometimes I hate living in California,” Chelsea informed us randomly as we sat in the food court.

Aimee shot her a weird look. “And what do you hate about it? Hot surfer guys, the warm weather almost year-round, or the fact that we’re the only state with an In-N-Out Burger on almost every block?”

Chelsea shook her head, taking a sip of her soda. “I hate STAR Testing.”

AJ snorted. “Well, who doesn’t?”

Before any of the girls or I could agree with her, I felt something heavy resting on my head. I wacked it off and looked up to see Dallas grinning down at me, and I immediately felt a lot happier just by the sight of him.

I know I had said that I would just be around Dallas as a friend, but I just couldn’t do that. I really did love him with all my heart and I was sure I was always going to. Even if he was still with Trinity…

Dallas was with a few of his other friends that I didn’t know, so Austin and Hunter weren’t with him. Austin had a dentist appointment today, and who knew what happened to Hunter. I barely knew what the guy looked like anyway so it didn’t even matter…

“You want our table, don’t you?” Aimee asked before I could even say anything to Dallas. Boy, she knew him too well. Whenever there wasn’t a spare table for Dallas and his friends and we were at the mall, he’d come up to us and pretty much kick us out. Not that I really minded, since it was Dallas and everything… “You’re lucky we’re all done and we were just talking.”

Dallas winked at her. “Thanks, Aims.”

She wrinkled her nose. “Ew. Don’t call me that.”

Dallas snorted. “Alrighty then.”

I got out of my seat, it immediately being taken by one of Dallas’s friends. I rolled my eyes, turning toward my friends and waiting for them to get up before heading off out of the food court with only one last wave to Dallas.

“I’m glad you don’t like that jerk anymore,” Aimee sighed once we had gotten out of earshot. “He’s not good enough for anyone like you.”

I shrugged. “Yeah, well…”

So I had told my friends that I didn’t like him anymore… It would be the best to just not tell anyone that I liked him. It would have just made things easier if no one thought that I liked Dallas more than a friend…

“Can we go in there?” Lexi suddenly asked, pointing to a store that we all hated but she absolutely loved. “Please?”

“No way,” Chelsea, AJ, and Aimee all said in unison, freaking me out just a little.

Lexi now turned to me, giving me the cutest puppy dog eyes she could muster. I let out a sigh, turning toward the store and muttering out, “Fine.”

She giggled, following after me after she had told our friends that we would meet them back at the food court later. I wasn’t really looking forward to being in this store since I thought all the clothes were really tacky, but if Lexi liked it, then I guess I could bear.

Okay, maybe I was wrong. After only five minutes of her going through clothes, I thought I was going to explode. How could she like clothes like this? Whenever we went in here, she never ended up buying anything anyway! I didn’t think I would ever be able to understand my best friend when it came to shopping…

“I know you still like Dallas.”

At the sound of this, I almost jumped because I had been zoning out and I wasn’t expecting it. Why would she think that I still liked him? It had been four months since I had told all my friends that I didn’t like him anymore.