Chapter 33- Checkmate

So sad this is the last chapter! Well at least for the first book but I have some questions for you readers!

First question who is your favorite character?

Second question Team John or Team Valentin? (My friends have been talking about which team they would be on, so who is yours?)

Chapter 33

Date: April 9th

Time: 2:48 p.m.

Location: Abandoned Water Park

My heart stopped and all my breath left me as I dropped my gaze back to the floor and shut my eyes. It was bad enough that we were captured but to be captured by him made it worse if that was even possible. All this running, all this planning, all gone because M.L.A or should I say Michael got us and now had gloating privileges.

“Oh come on Aurora you knew it was only a matter of time,” He lifted my chin up and forced me to look into his disgusting eyes. “You couldn’t outrun me forever.”

“I could’ve tried.” I hissed at him through gritted teeth and he let out a low chuckle and backed away pacing the room taking a good look at the others. My guards let me up and I immediately began struggling against their restraints to with no success.

“Give it up,” Michael says looking at me. “Just face that you have lost but of course I can’t take all the credit. If it wasn’t for someone tipping me off about where you were we would have been too late to replace the judge and see your trial.”

“V how could you?!” John immediately shouted. “After everything we’ve done.”

“How could you betray us like that?” Iris asked next glaring daggers at him. “We should have listened to Aura and never trusted you.” The onslaught was about to continue when Michael started a laughing fit bending over and clutching his stomach.

“You think he was the one?” He asked after calming down and wiping away some tears. “Amazing though, how you all turn against each other so quickly.”

“Thanks guys.” V muttered sarcastically.

“If it isn’t him then who?” I ask. Maybe he was bluffing; maybe it was just to get us all to turn on each other, which would make sense.

“Who do you think?” He asks back with his cocky smirk in place. “You know you guys really should have listened to Valentin.” I didn’t have time to understand what he meant before he snapped his fingers and Lucia and Chris were let go.

“No,” I whispered and dropped my head to hide my embarrassment. Why do all the people I seem to trust back stab me?

“But yes!” Michael screamed. “And the best part they were the ones to give us all the information on who hacked into Gresdale! They truly are some of the best agents a man could ask for.”

“You work for Lockstar?” I ask in a broken voice.

“Of course,” Chris says striding past the other guards to get to me. “The only reason we were in Chicago in the first place was for a mission, it was by pure luck that you started your hacking abilities. Even though you started off small we knew that you were going to be amazing and you are.” He strokes my cheek and I back away as if I had been burned.

“Oh Aura don’t be like that,” Lucia says. “I mean it is just business.”

“No!” I shout furious. “Business is between paperwork and buildings and financial disputes! Business is not taking innocent people and selling them as if they were no good then a forgotten piece of trash!”