Chapter 14- Mechanic's Influence

Chapter 14

Date: August 2nd

Location: Hilton Hotel

Time: 11:28 a.m.

I hate Jupiter; they can really just go burn in hell. I think Nathan Jone's made them just so that it was harder for hackers like me to break into them.

Nathan Jones was one of the most brilliant computer and electronic inventors of our time. He created Jethro inc when he was 20 years old and has been making billions ever since. His most famous inventions was the Jupiter phone, the June, a music playing device, and the Jackyl a thin computer. Nathan had a thing with J's also but back to my main point.

Why, why do Jupiters have to be so difficult to break apart?

It was basically just an electronic block that held all your apps and information (basic of course). No panels, no screws! Iris started cracking up when I told her about this. Back to the main point, the only way to break one of these phones is by smashing it into bits and pieces. I normally would have done that by now either to get the information or just out of pure rage but I didn’t want to give up my contact with M.L. A. Stupid I know, I know but at least I was able to deactivate the tracking device.

That still doesn’t account for my actions. It was and is extremely stupid to keep in contact with him, not that I was responding, which is why I didn’t tell the others, I’d be saying hello to lectureville again. Besides I wasn’t even responding back to his texts which irked me in so many more ways than one.

Are you alright?

You dead?

Where are you?

Pfft, like I was going to tell him that. At first it sounded like a good friend concerned for the others health until I got the most recent text early this morning.

U better not be hurt…

See normal until

it decreases your value.

Back to the Lockstar I know and hate. I didn’t understand his concern until I noticed the pattern, after that all I could think was that he is a conceited ass for using the C.A.S.T method.

C- Care for person of interest/ object

A-Arrange meeting with POI after a period of time for them to trust you

S- Secure POI

T- Take them home or to point of interest

The C.A.S.T method is old and outdated mostly forgotten and not used for its original purpose. It was originally intended for traumatized patients in hiding, cops would send them letters reassuring them that they were alright.

It was also kind of like a watered down version of Stockholm syndrome. Instead of the hostage feeling empathy for their kidnapper they will feel empathy or security within the cops or the people trying to help them. The only problem with this is that the hostages that they tried to use the C.A.S.T method on actually had Stockholm syndrome and needless to say it failed.

For the cops that is.

Criminals and kidnappers alike always use this method once they get in contact with the kidnapee or hostage. They usually give them reassurance asking if they are alright, they are doing this to help them, yada, yada, so on and so forth before giving them the sob story. I’m doing this to pay for my dying grandmothers hospital bills was a common one.