Chapter 22- An Irish Born Affair

Chapter 22

Date: August 19th

Time: 5:02 p.m.

Location: Clovelly Safe house

Well that was certainly interesting. So it turns out John shot Fran’s mother, Irene, in the shoulder and we had arrived safely at the safe house. Usually when someone gets shot you go to a hospital, but since everyone was in hiding we had to do a home surgery. Not so fun.

It wasn’t like there was blood everywhere, but there was enough to make Terri faint, Iris now believes that he is gay despite other evidence proving otherwise. Anyways they had Iris remove the bullet because she had the steadiest hand and Fran to stitch up the wound, the rest of us were on the side lines.

There I met Fran’s mother and father, Irene and Logan Kamel. Logan was an architect and Irene was an interior designer. Logan was in his mid 50’s or so and took pride that his daughter excelled in designing, but didn’t care too much for the criminal aspect. Neither of them liked that they were being followed by people that wanted to kill us either.

Next I met Iris’s sister, Persephone; I think their parents had a thing with Greek Goddesses. Iris’s parents were detached like mine so they weren’t in any immediate danger. Persephone, who liked to be called Percy (also the name of that kid from the book series, she has never read them) was getting into her sister’s thieving, but was better at being a grifter then a thief even though they are very similar. She was 16 years old and miniature and had dyed her hair a shocking blue to match her eccentric personality.

On to Matt’s parents and brother, Olivia, Tom, and Phil. Olivia and Tom had Indian accents and looked to be dressed in traditional clothing that Hindu’s, that I now found out that Matt was, wear. Phil, Matt’s brother, was 8 years old and wanted to get into the con artist business like his brother, but the parents refused to let him get near such things. Olivia and Tom were not accepting of Matt’s ability and didn’t like that they were in hiding, which all of us could understand.

Lastly I met John’s father and older brother, Frank and Zach. John’s mother had left when he was five years old leaving his father, Frank, to raise him and his older brother, Zach. The father owned a car body shop, or whatever you wanted to call it, and fixed up cars and made them practically brand new. Frank was happy that John progressed with designing new ways to make cars function, but wasn’t exactly thrilled when he learned that those cars were used for stealing. Zach, who was 25, thought it was extremely cool and was a major jokester and flirt.

“So are these your brothers and sisters?” Olivia asked politely. The rest were still upstairs focusing on Irene leaving Terri, Sam, and I to the questioning of their family members.

“Uh no these are my friends Terri and Sam.” I explain not liking the attention.

Avoiding their gaze I look around at the large house. I was honestly surprised that it was hidden and undetectable. It had five floors, a pool, tennis court, and basketball court in back, a complete workout room downstairs, a gaming room, and at least 25 bedrooms. There was also a bomb shelter underground and a panic room, weapons supplied in both.

“What’s your story then?” Zach questions bringing my gaze back to them. They had turned all the chairs or other sitting devices to face Terri, Sam, and I who sat on a cream colored couch.

“Well I’m 19, a hacker, my parents hate me, and I’m an only child.” I say like it’s the most normal thing in the world.

“How can your parents hate you?” Logan asks.