Chapter 19- Bonjour Lockstar

Thanks for all the amazing reviews and comments! You guys are amazing, sorry I didn’t post this sooner been busy with friends and wattpad has been freaking out. Sorry for probably filling up your emails with useless stuff 

Chapter 19

Date: August 18th

Location: Hilton Hotel, Paris

Time: 8:36 p.m.

“So what is it?” John asks staring at the phone confused.

“I don’t know.” I reply.

Me! The Hacker couldn’t figure out what this electronic device was. The back was covered with slim wires and a battery smaller than an Jupiter would usually have but apparently could hold more battery life. This looked years beyond what we could do now.

I held it closer to my face to see if I could see anything out of the ordinary or at least more out of the ordinary than it was already.

“Aura what should we-” I cut him off.

“Shh,” I whisper loudly covering my hand over his mouth. “Don’t talk.” I mouthed to him.

“Why not?” He mouthed back.

I pointed to a section of the Jupiter where a bug lay. Not a real bug, it was a bug that can transmit conversations to a computer. It was very hard to see and even my trained eye almost missed it. It blended in with the back well and was about the size of a rain drop. Bad analogy, but I couldn’t think of anything smaller than a penny or bigger than the head of a pin.

“What is it?” He whispered quietly and I smacked him. I did not want Lockstar to know that we were catching on to them.

I place the phone carefully on the bed and searched in my electronics bag until I pull out a slim case. I wasn’t much for altering computers or other electronics devices, too many bits and pieces, but that didn’t mean I couldn’t do it. I take out a pair of tweezers, 5 times smaller than the ones you see at a store and grab the phone again.

With a slightly shaking hand I stopped for a second realizing that I was missing one piece of the puzzle for this.

Tapping my finger on my lips in a be quiet sign I grabbed John’s hand and took him out of the room and into the narrow hallway. Another couple passed by us with goofy smiles on their faces and talking in French.

“What is it?” John whispered when they turned down the hall. “Why did you stop?”

“We need another phone. That bug can transmit conversation and if I’m not mistaken acts as a backup GPS in case the other one in the Jupiter is obsolete.”

“I thought you said it wasn’t a Jupiter.”

“Technically it is, just very modified.”

“So what do we do?”

“I can't believe you Steven!" A woman yells coming out of a room bags in hand. “You are a selfish pig!”

“Stay here.” I whisper to John before walking down the hallway where the woman was heading towards me with smoke coming out of her ears.

Making sure I positioned my body just right I hoped I could be as slick as Iris. The woman bumps roughly into me and I reach inside her coat pocket and grab her phone. With my hand behind my back I start to apologize in poor French.