Chapter 22

"He's just being kind of moody is all. I can't blame him."

"Yeah, I can get like that. I just turn into a little bitch. It happens."

"Does Daniel deal with it okay?" I asked Marcus.

"Oh yeah. He's so patient. He kind of thinks it's cute when I'm getting emotional and angry. He says I'm like an angry puppy, so I calm down."

"That's lucky for you. Lafayette is like a fucking lion when he's angry."

Marcus laughed. "I do remember getting into fights with him. That was all my fault though."

"I can deal with it now. He hasn't been as negative. He's my man. I have to take care of him."

"That's cute. Oh! My dad and I are moving in with Daniel."

I raised a brow. "Your dad, too?" I asked.

"Yeah, well Dad is going to stay in the loft above the garage and then Daniel and I are going to stay in his little house. It's really awesome. I love being close with him and his family. You know?"

"My family is like that. We all live within a few blocks of each other."

"I so want to marry him," Marcus sighed. "But we're not quite there yet."

"Lafayette and I said we'd get married eventually. He kind of proposed, but really we're just talking about getting married. He's going to have an elaborate proposal, or so he told me, but he can make things really big so I'm kind of expecting it. I think he'll propose to me on New Year's."

Marcus grinned excitedly. "Really? That's so exciting!"

"I mean, I don't know if he will, but I just have this feeling. Before he took me on our first date, he was kind of distant, and then he surprised me with the date. He's been a little distant in the past few days, but still loving and everything, so I think he's going to propose. I'm not sure if he's having a party or not, but he also said he'd come out to the public on New Year's."

"Oh my god! He's going to throw a huge party and act like it's just a regular party, but then all your friends and stuff will do something cute and he'll propose right in front of the camera man!"

"I don't think it'll be exactly like that."

Marcus rolled his eyes. "Well not exactly, but similar."

I laughed, getting myself excited. I really shouldn't get ahead of myself. He's stressed out. I doubt he's planning a proposal right now, but who knows...

"He's so going to propose. It's so like him to do that, you know? He'll propose New Year's, and then next year on New Year's you'll get married!"

"Sh! He's just in the office," I hissed.

"Oh he's not paying attention. He doesn't eavesdrop."

"Just keep your voice down."

"Whatever. Can you imagine the size of your ring?"

"He's not going to get me an engagement ring. He's just going to propose."

"You know for a fact he's going to get you a ring. It's going to be huge."

I rolled my eyes.

"What's huge?" Emilio asked, entering with Michael.

"Em's engagement ring."

"WHAT!" Michael screeched.

"Will you all be quiet?" I snapped. "I'm not engaged. We were just thinking that Lafayette might propose to me on New Year's."