Chapter 16

I was shaken awake the next morning by Lafayette. "What?" I groaned.

"Come on. We have to watch the sunrise."

"Can I sleep after watching it?"

"Of course."

I sighed and opened my eyes. I sat up drowsily, just wanting to fall back asleep. I rested my chin on my knees, watching the wonderful sunrise that was the same as a sunset in reverse. Sure, it was beautiful, but sleep is a beautiful thing as well. Once the sun was above the horizon, I fell back on the blankets. Lafayette held out his hand but I smacked it away.

"You're gonna get burnt out here," he told me.

"I don't care."

He smiled down at me and folded the blanket over me so I was cocooned in. He then picked me up and carried me into the house. He walked down one of the halls and dropped me off onto one of the beds. "I'm gonna go eat and do some work. Wake up whenever you want."

"Alright. I'll never wake up then," I said. "I just wanna sleep forever." I rolled over, hugging the pillow.

"And never see me or your mother or father or anyone ever again?"

"No."

"Only in your dreams right?"

I smiled over at him. "Of course."

He tossed the blanket over me but I kicked it away.

"I don't like blankets," I protested.

"Fine. Spoon the pillow for all I care."

I laughed and watched him walk out. I eventually fell back asleep, enjoying the big bed. I completely forgot about the fact I wanted to tell him I loved him. I'm forgetful when I'm tired, but I was still feeling fine. Better than fine. I was feeling great. I was gonna tell him and that was going to be that. Maybe I should make it in a romantic setting or something. Then if he feels the same we can just have sex after. Man I really want to sleep with him. I woke up about two hours later and went into the kitchen. Michael and Emilio were asleep still so it was just the two of us. He was sitting at the table with his glasses on, going over some work. I found myself liking the setting. Walking in on him working in the morning, shirtless, an empty breakfast plate. I know we lived together but it was different. It was a flat. Not a house. And his office was right next to us and so he didn't work in the flat, he worked in his office. "Morning," I greeted.

"Morning," he replied. "There's some bagels on the shelf."

"Wanna make me one?" I asked, sitting down.

"Are you incapable of making one yourself?"