HEART NO KUNI NO ALEX || 22

"Bullseye," Boris purrs as he presses down against me, finally putting his whole weight on me. I shake my head, "You can say what you want. I'm not interested."

He smirks as he taps my heart, "Then why are you excited?"

My cheeks went warmer. God, that sounds so wrong! Does this guy have no shame? Damn cat who knows no boundaries or morals.

"Because Wonderland does that to people." Boris looks up, confused. "Not only does it change the residents, but the outsider too."

He raises as eyebrow, "That's a rubbish excuse."

"I'm being serious." I clear my throat. "In my world, no one in their right mind would fall in love with someone who finds it easier to kill than it is to breathe. Nor would they fall in love with someone with animal traits. In my world, you'd be mocked for your ears and tail, Boris."

As silence fills the room, I gulp. I said too much, didn't I? Geez, I always somehow end up making this guy upset. Minutes (and I mean more than two, obviously) pass and I consider just going back to sleep. It's not like Boris would notice anyway.

"Does that mean," Oh look, it speaks, "Alice– towards me, she—"

See? See? No matter what I say I always end up making this guy depressed. Now I'm tongue-tied as to what I'm supposed to say.

"N- No, I don't think Alice was like that with you. You tried to protect her from everything, didn't you? Unlike everyone else you didn't threaten her or anything. S- So I think she was pretty genuine with you. Or something like that. I don't know, you'll have to ask her."

Boris chuckles, "That was very comforting."

"Shut up, I tried." I grumble back. Boris looks at me, "Do you think we should get up now?"

"Well, I think you should get up and off of me. And go home. Gowland must be worried." Boris snorts in reply, "Yeah, right."

 I sigh, "Alright, he may not be worried, but you should still get off me."

He smirked, only to turn back into his kitten form. I bit my lip, "...You can stay. But you have to be like that."

Yes, Alice was weak with rabbits and I'm weak with cats.