HEART NO KUNI NO ALEX || 3

On the way back, I began to think. Alice had been gone for quite a long time, so how did she manage to stay here? I mean, after hearing about everyone's personalities and love for blood and death, it must've been rather hard for her to live. I opened the door,

"Um... I'm back." I said, glancing around. Julius looked up at me, "So, how was it? Your first day in the kingdom?"

"Well... it was easier than I expected. Strange, yes. Though I've not a scratch on me." I replied after I had closed the door.

"Where did you go?" He asked as he went back to working on his clocks. I bit my lip. What did he say to me earlier? Try to stay away from the Hatters Mansion or something like that. And what did I do? I went straight to the Hatters Mansion...

"Well?"

I rubbed the back of my head; There was no point in lying to him, right?

"Well, I went to the Hatters Mansion." I muttered, "It was purely by chance, though." I added.

 Julius let out a long, frustrated sigh.

"Hey, I already said it was just by chance!" I frowned.

"You are aware that the twins or that stupid rabbit would have killed you within the blink of an eye?" He sighed. I shrugged, "It's fine. Mention the word 'Alice' and they freeze."

Julius sighed again.

I can't blame him, though. I went to the most dangerous place in the kingdom, not to mention the place he told me to stay away from.

 Although, on the other hand, my point about Alice was correct. Everyone here loved Alice. I can't imagine how they felt when she left. Well, I can, but for these guys, feelings other than murder and shit must be quite a big deal.

"Where are you going to go next?" Julius asked before I went into my room.

I shrugged, "Who knows? It's easy to get lost in this place."

"Good night, Alex." He muttered as he heard the door open.

"G'night, Julius." I replied.