HEART NO KUNI NO ALEX || 33

It took a while for us to find Peter. The air between Ace and I had gotten a little tenser, but it helped speed me up and hurry the search the fuck up, too.

"Alex!" Peter yelled between the bangs of his gun. He stopped firing immediately and ran over to me once he saw I was with Ace. He opened his strong arms (were they strong, though? They looked strong) and attempted to hug me, though I swatted him away.

Peter pouted and pretended to be hurt— maybe he was hurt, Peter is a drama queen afterall. 

"Big brother?!" 

Oh, fuck.

"Hey twins." I gulped nervously. "N- Nice weather we're having, huh?"

Dum furrowed his eyebrows. "Big brother." Dee frowned, too. "You're not supposed to be out here."

I sheepishly rubbed the back of my head and muttered, "Yeah, I'm not supposed to be here in general."

 "Big brother." The twins whined in unison as they tugged on the arm of my good side. "You need to go back!" 

 "No." I mimicked their whining tone— not even in a sarcastic way, for once. "I don't want to."

"You have to."

"No, no I don't."

 "Yes, you do." Dee began tugging me back towards the building. Snatching my arm back, I grimaced and stopped stepping. "Twins, I'm not going back in there, and you're not forcing me to."

The sternness in my voice was effective, and of course the added help of Peter's gun clicking at them helped also. Dum frowned and let out a huff, about to protest and refuse to listen to me, but everyone was silent when suddenly Boris had appeared, standing infront of a pink door.

I blinked. Twice.

"B- Bori—-"

He grabbed me and slammed the door shut, and when he opened it again and- wait, is this his room? "Boris, what the fuck?" I growled. He pulled a face. "Is that any way to treat the cat that just saved your ass?"

"Saved my ass? Just exactly how did you save my ass by pulling me away from—"

 "—From two yandere's and two kill-for-thrill twins? Oh, I wonder." Boris rolled his eyes.

"Okay, you have a point, shut up." 

He raised his eyebrows, "What was that? Did the Alex admit he was wrong?" His smirk was really pissing me off. I placed a hand on my hip. "When did I become a the? And just who was it that put me in that predicament anyway?"

"Oh come on." Boris batted his eyelashes and then tilted his head towards my neck. "Don't act like you didn't love it."

"I didn't."

"You did love it! I remember everything—"

I groaned. "That's not what I meant, asshole. I didn't act like I didn't love it. I liked it. Alot—not love it, though, you're not that good — But that doesn't change the fact that you shouldn't of done it."

"B- But you did like it." Boris was evidently embarrassed about the fact that he was right, I could tell by the way he was fiddling with one of the zips on his 'top' (top, more like two pieces of fabric with zips on it). It was almost like he was saying it to himself, almost like he was saying 'Okay, wow, Alex liked it. I made him feel good' and he did, so props to Boris for that, I guess. 

"I liked it." I admitted it for his sake, and boy did his face flush a pretty pink. "But I'm not letting you touch me again."

His ears drooped, though his cheeks still pink. "But you said so yourself, you liked it— I don't understand."

The back of my knee had hit something; I'd backed away ever so slightly and Boris had noticed. The panic was evident in his eyes.  "Did I- did I hurt you? Is that it? I'd never hurt you, Alex. I mean sure, when we first met I wanted to hurt you alot, but not now. I could never."

He didn't notice that I'd moved forward a little.

"It's not that— well, it is. It is that." Boris protested but I hushed him up by throwing a pillow at him. "Let me speak, would you? I'm not scared of you Boris. You're a cat. I've yet to meet a single cat that doesn't like me." Don't snicker, you asshole. "It's just... in this place, someone will hurt me. I'm like a bomb: anything I do will cause a chain reaction, and someone's bound to get hurt. In this case it was me. And- And I know what Wonderland fights are like. If I let you or anyone else for that matter, touch me like that again then the next time it'll be more than my arm that gets sliced."

 Boris had sat down and was currently running his hand through his hair. "So you're saying that was a one off?" I nodded. "And it'll never happen again." I nodded. "Not even when we're alone." I nodded. "Not even if you fall in love with me?" I nodded.

"I don't believe you." Boris huffed as he childishly crossed his arms. Sitting opposite him, I merely rolled my eyes. "It won't happen again, even if I fell in love with you."

"And why is that, Alex?"

I took a deep breathe and exhaled sharply.

"Because you're inlove with my sister, and I refuse to be her replacement."