Chapter 1

I was standing there in the hallway of the hospital. In the arms of Harry Styles. Him holding me, while tears rolled down my face.

“Thank you” I whispered and I closed my eyes.

He didn’t say anything, he just tightened his grip and kissed my forehead. That is when I knew that I was safe. I was finally happy.

How it got to that, you may ask? Well, here is the story.

My name is Jessica Stonem, but just call me Jessi. I am not like any other girl you may find.

My mom died when I was about 10, I never had any siblings, I would see my dad about 5 weeks in a year because he was always travelling doing his work, and I never knew any of my other relatives.

My mom was my best friend. We did everything together, and she was always by my side. I knew from the moment I could start walking and talking that I wanted to become a dancer. It was my dream. Dancing. My mom was the only person who believed in me. She was the only person who was there to support everything I did. We may not have a lot of money, but I was proud. Happy.

But when she died, I died on the inside. For years, I felt like a shadow, just floating around. I lost all feelings. I lost all hope. I couldn’t dance. It reminded me too much of her. So I decided to go insane.

With 13, I started drinking. 14, partying. 15, well, boys. Now I was 16. My dad came home and gave me a present my mom had bought before she died. It was a special gift for my 16th birthday. A necklace. A very expensive necklace. The letter J. It may have not been much, but it was enough for me.

I realized that what my life had turned into was horrible. I needed to get out. I needed to follow my dream. That is what my mom would have wanted.

I sent out dancing tapes to everywhere to try and get a job. I finally got an answer. A loop whole. A second chance.

The job was in England. I was a one of the main backup dancers for this one English boy-band named “One Direction”.

And this is where it all started.