Chapter 27

“5… 6… 7… 8…” Bella, our dance coach, shouted as we were dancing to one of the songs.

Bella had become so strict the past week. Over the weekend it hit her that we were the back up dancers for fricken One Direction and everything had to be absolutely perfect. The dance practices now felt like torture. 

“Down, up, hair-flip, hips, turn, jump, kick, boom, strong, turn around, hands up… No! nonononononono.” Bella stopped the music and came stomping onto stage. Her absolute urge to get everything perfect was starting to scare us.

“Your arms have to be up and down in 1 beat, and 1 beat only. Is that clear?” She walked over to one of the dancers, grabbed her arms and pulled them up. “Now don’t do the lazy way where they are dangly and lose and it looks sloppy. All the way up, straight long strong arms and Boom back down. Is that clear?”

“Yes…” We all mumbled. We all knew dancing is hard work, but this was just too much. We needed to give 120 percent every time we simply practiced a move, and we just didn’t have the energy for it. 

“Good. From the start now. One more time before lunch.” She walked to the front of the stage and pressed the play button. “Okay, 5.. 6… 7… 8…”

The dancing was hard, but it kinda brought a peace with it too. The other Barbie dancers didn’t judge me anymore or bitch around about everything. We were all too busy trying to keep up and work on our moves to get them good enough so Bella wouldn’t rip our arms off.

Lunch had finally arrived. All the other girls just sat down and rested before heading into the canteen. I however quickly changed a little and headed towards the lunch room. Having lunch with One Direction is always something to look forward to. You never know what is going to happen, but you always know its going to be fun.

We got let out of the dance room late, so I expected to be the last one there, but as I entered the cafeteria the boys weren’t even there yet. I just got myself a small lunch and sat next to Gina who was quietly nibbling on her pasta salad.

“Hey Jessi. Wow. You look exhausted.” Gina looked at me in shock.

“Is it that obvious?” I sighed, opening a water bottle and taking huge gulps.

“What is Bella making you guys do? Every lunch time you dancers look like you are about to pass out.” Gina said jokingly and showed a small smile. 

“Just dance, and dance, and then dance some more.” I smiled back. “No biggie.”

“Wow, well glad to see you are busy,” Gina continued poking around her lunch. “since I am new around here, the make-up and designers are barely letting me do anything around here. Usually I just carry and push stuff around. Its really boring.”

“Oh well, it will get better. You always have to start at the bottom, yeah?” I tried to cheer her up a little. Usually the boys could do that, but they weren’t here. “Hey, have you seen the boys?”

“No, but I heard they are having a big meeting with like one of their producers. Something about announcing their tour or something like that.” Gina shrugged. “I’m not sure, but they will tell us once they get here-“