Chapter 29

Yes, that announcement was a big scare. A massive one actually.

For a second I felt like the world had gone under and that I was going to live in darkness for the rest of my life.

I just grabbed my jacket and ran out of the bar. I could hear Gina and Brian shout after me as I rushed out. They told me to stop and come back, but I just had to get out of there.

I needed a second to think about this. I needed time. It’s not every day that someone announces your secret relationship to a superstar on TV.

It shocked me. How could he do this? I thought we had talked about this. This changes everything.

I know, I sound like a total drama queen, I should just suck it up. I mean, I knew this was going to happen, just not so soon.

It was evening, and the air was turning cold. The sun was just going down, so the sky was a red, pink colour. On one side the dark night was already crawling in. It wasn’t very clear, there were many dark clouds in the sky, probably meaning it was going to rain soon. 

I was finally at my apartment building, so I ripped open the door and ran up the stairs, my boots clicking on every step.

I stormed into my room and just dropped all my things. My phone had been ringing and vibrating the whole way, so I set it on silent and just threw it on my small bed side table. Then I collapsed in my bed.

I pretty much just laid in bed for a very long time thinking. Just thinking.

Half of me was telling me that this was horrible. What has he done? Everything would have been fine if it weren’t for that last interview. What would people think? And what would they say? I was paranoid and scared.

But then, then there was the other half of me. The one telling me that everything was going to be okay. I loved Harry, I really did, and this is just something I have to get over with. I mean, dating a superstar could be hard, but it would also be fun. It would be completely different.

But come on, there is a small part inside all of us humans that dream of being something bigger, something special. Being noticed and having people want pictures with you. Having people idolize you and giving you support. Knowing that people you have never even met support you. That is something really special.

It’s scary, but amazing.

The more I thought about it, the easier it seemed to be. I had no choice, what is done is done. Now I just have to deal with it. I have been freaking out about this since the beginning, but it really can’t be so bad. I had gotten so weak. Nothing used to scare me, so why let it scare me now?

My phone was on silent, but it had been lighting up ever since I got home. At the beginning it was from Gina, asking where I had gone, and if I was okay. Then it was Harry asking me the same questions. He even apologized a couple times. 

I had made my decision. I had chosen that everyone is going to be fine. I’ll deal with it. I just need to stay calm and strong.

It was 2 in the morning and it was raining, but I wanted to go for a walk. Without thinking about it, I also pressed the call button.

It rung once before he picked up.

“Hello? Jess?” Harry asked into the phone. I could hear he was outside with cars driving by and the rain splashing on the ground.

“Hey” I answered, I wasn’t sure what to say.

“Where are you? Everything alright?” Harry sounded worried and a little out of breath.