Chapter 3

“I didn’t see you. I’m sorry.” He said, once again in his cute English accent.

“I already said, I’m fine. Don’t worry about it.” I picked up my skateboard and my bag.

“Wow, is that a skateboard?” he pointed to the skateboard in my right hand

“Well… yeah. Do you not have these in England?” Sarcasm. Another service I provided. He laughed.

“Of course we do. I’ve just never seen a girl with one.” He paused and looked at me. “I’ve never seen you before around here. Who are you? What are you doing here?”

Oh yeah, of course. My job. Shit. I’m late. I snapped back into reality. “Oh, sorry. My name’s Jessi. Could you help me? I have to go to the dancing room… room 125 I think. I’m here as one of the back up dancers for the One Direction group band thing”

He looked a little shocked. Did I say something wrong?

“Do you not know who I am?” He asked.

“Um… no? Should I?” Yup. Now I was definitely confused.

He laughed. “You are definitely not from around here. I am Harry Styles, one of the singers in the group One Direction. I was actually just heading to the dancing room right now. I can take you there if you want.”

Hold the phone. He was a member of One Direction. Harry Styles. I read that name on the e-mail that I got about the job. A famous English boy band member. I have just been talking to a pop star.

“Oh, wow. Um, yeah. That would be great. Thank you.” I had to be nice now. And I was getting a little shy. How can one boy make me feel so weak and I barely even knew him? What happened to the old strong Jessi? Get her back. Get her back now! Don’t make a fool of yourself…

“Follow me.” He gave me a smile and started to walk. I smiled back and followed.

We walked down the corridor. It was a little awkward. He must have known it came as a shock to me that he was a superstar. He could read it from my expression when he told me. I tried to loosen the tension.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t kno-“

“Forget about it.” He cut me off and laughed. “It’s fine. And here we are.” He pointed to a big door. I could hear music coming from it. Damn. I was late. He must have known I was worried. How did he know these things? I was getting a little annoyed. He had me all figured out with one look.

“You’ll be fine. It’s your first day. They wont be mad if you’re late. I’m late too.” He grinned.

“Yeah, but your famous. You’ll be alright.”

“Trust me.” He gave me a cheeky smile.