Chapter 26

I had become famous.

Everywhere I went, people would look around and recognize me. A couple of girls even wanted a photo with me. It all felt surreal. I couldn’t believe I was so worried about this. It was actually very nice.

We hadn’t told the world we were officially dating, but people knew Harry and I were pretty much together. However, we still tried keeping everything on a down low.

Now that I was past the freaking out stage, it felt really cool just hanging with the boys again. I spent a lot of time at their place, usually cleaning up or taking care of them, but in a fun way, and sometimes it was just Harry and I.

A couple of weeks had gone by. The papers had given up on trying to force us to actually say we were together, so it was still just some rumors and cute pictures.

It was a Friday afternoon and we were all hanging at Louis’ and Harrys place. Gina, Liam, Harry and I were trying to watch TV, while Louis, Zayn and Niall were chasing each other around the living room with their pretend light sabers.

In the middle of a commercial we heard a big smash behind us. We all spun around to see Louis standing next to a broken lamp and Zayn lying on the floor.

“He did it!” Louis and Zayn screamed pointing at a laughing Niall who was a couple feet away.

“Louis!” Liam stood up. “Go and get the broom, we need to clear this up.” He sighed and shook his head.

Zayn and Louis obediently walked to the kitchen, giving each other a couple of friendly shoves on the way. Niall just stood there still laughing at the two boys.

“Niall this isn’t funny. Come and help me, you were involved in this too.” Liam said while gathering the lamp shards from the floor. Niall bent down next to him and helped.

Then there was a massive thud and a crash, followed by hysterical laughter from the kitchen.

“Not again…” Liam stood up and rushed to the kitchen to see what happened while Niall was back to laughing again.

“Go on Daddy Direction.” Harry said which made us all smile. They were like a little family.

After hearing ruffling from the kitchen, Zayn came back out looking a little soaked.

“What happened in there?” Gina asked.

“Yeah.” Niall agreed, who stood up with all the shards in his hands.

“Nothing,” Zayn smiled. “We did not have a small water fight in there, Louis did not slip and break the broom cupboard and the cleaning detergents have not broken and leaked over the whole kitchen floor. So there is no cause for alarm. Just stay here-“

Zayn was cut off as we all rushed to the kitchen to see it. Liam was kneeling down, picking up the broken bottles of cleaning detergents from the broken cupboard and Louis was standing by the sink trying to wash off the blue liquid that he and the floor was covered with. He smiled as we all walked in.