Chapter 5

-beep beep beep-

There goes the alarm clock again. I had a dream that I was back home. Partying, like always. It was nice waking up and not stinking of vodka and smoke.

I quickly got dressed and packed my dance stuff. It was a little colder, so I put on my skinny ripped jeans, converse (duh) and a big black baggy guns and roses t-shirt. I let my very long wavy dirty blonde hair fall naturally today. Too tired to do anything except for my eyeliner and mascara make-up and I didn’t want to be late again. I went to grab my phone when I saw the red light blinking. A new message from Unknown.

Hey Jessi, it’s Harry. The party is tomorrow at 6 at Louis and my place. See you there. Xx

I didn’t have time to reply. I barely replied to any texts. It was kinda a bad habit. But oh well. I didn’t care. It all worked out somehow.

I was right on time today and quickly changed and got ready. Harry and the boys weren’t there today, but the rehearsal went until 3, and they were probably also busy. I had remembered all of the dance moves perfectly, whilst all the other rich girls had forgotten the whole dance. It annoyed me. Whatever. Now it was 12 and we had a lunch break.

“The cafeteria is just down the hall and to your right. Be back here in an hour.” The dance instructor, Bella, turned off the music and all the girls went rushing out the door. “Lunch break is not to stalk One Direction girls. Eat! You need your energy!” She screamed after them. I was the last to leave. Lunch… great.

Another fact about me. Eating, not really my thing. Everyone always told me I was very skinny. Sometimes too skinny. I didn’t care. There was no such thing as too skinny. My diet would usually be – 1 or 2 cups of coffee in the morning. A piece of fruit for lunch. A small meal for dinner. That’s about it. Of course, I would always have some gum, mints or lollipops with me. It was kinda my obsession.

I entered the lunch hall. It was very big. All the dancers were sitting at one table, giggling, gossiping, the usual girly stuff. I got myself an apple and sat down at my own little table. I put the apple on the table and got out my phone, checking what my old friends have been up too.

No surprise, pictures of them lying on the ground totally wasted having the time of their lives spammed my homepage. I missed partying. Partying, oh yeah! There was a party tonight. I smiled to myself. I wonder how English people party.

Just then someone put their tray on my table and sat down across from me.  It was Harry. The four boys joined my table too.

“Hey Jessi!” they all said. I grinned. “How are ya? How was dance?” Harry said smiling.

I didn’t even know them, and they pretended like we have been friends forever. Cool. Ill play along.

“It was good. A little boring. We repeated all of the dance moves way to many times.” I packed away my phone and looked over to the other dancers who all looked at me in shock. Jealousy written all over their faces. “How about you guys?”

Louis answered. “It was great, just practicing our vocals on the songs.” They all started eating and there was a moment of conversational pause.

Liam looked up. “Where’s your lunch?”

I didn’t feel like talking about my diet or anything, so I just lied. Lying is always easier. “Oh, I already ate. No worries.” I picked up my apple and took a bite. “So about this party…” They knew where I was going with this.

“Oh yeah,” Harry said. “You never replied to the text.”

“Sorry, I’ve been busy.” Another lie. But it worked, because then they told me exactly what was happening and how I could get to their apartment.

“Great.” I smiled. I couldn’t wait, but I didn’t want to show it that much. I didn’t want to seem too desperate. “I should probably head back now. See you guys then. Byee” I stood up, threw the rest of my apple away and headed to the dance studio.

I had almost reached the door when I looked back to see Harry still smiling and looking at me. I gave him a small wave and a smile. Then I disappeared.