A Cupid Ending

• Dedicated to All Voters, Commenters and Fans!

Chapter 39: A Cupid Ending

Dedicated to all of you who have supported me till the end!!

Will’s P.O.V

Lena seemed lifeless in my arms. How hard had he hit her? As I ran through the corridor of the hospital to find a doctor I felt as if everything had lost its color and noise. Just as I had spotted a nurse on the far end of the hallway, Lena made a stirring movement, and I heard her groan. I immediately stopped walking and watched Lena as I held my breath.

Her eyes fluttered open, and when she saw me she smiled at me after which she immediately grunted and touched the back of her head.

“Are you okay?” I asked worriedly.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” She said slowly. “You can put me down, you know.”

I reluctantly set her on the floor. She rubbed the back of her head, and looked at me, her green eyes swimming in confusion.

“What happened?” She asked. “One second, Dixon’s being a royal pain of a heartbreaker, and the next thing I know I’m in your arms in the hospital corridor.”

“Let’s just say that I didn’t like being the princess of the situation so I decided to be your savior this time.” I answered with a wry smile.

Lena chuckled. “That’s a shame. I was planning on getting you a princess dress for your birthday.”

“Ha ha. Very funny.” I said dryly. “Maybe I should buy you one now. A pink one that is very frilly and girly and has sparkles all over. I could even get you a matching tiara.”

The look of horror that Lena had on her face was hysterical. I couldn’t help myself from laughing. “It’s funny how when you’re in a life threatening situation you don’t seem scared at all, but the second we talk about pink princess dresses you look like you’re about to faint.” I said chuckling.

“Do you want me to be a girly girl?” Lena teased me. “I can start yelling out Oh My God at every end and beginning of my sentence, and wear high heels so high Lady Gaga wouldn’t be able to walk in them if you want.”

My face probably matched Lena’s earlier look of horror, because Lena started laughing as well.

“I think neither of us likes that image of me.” She said with a smile, but then a frown appeared on her face.

“What’s wrong?” I asked anxiously.

“Nothing important. My head hurts, that’s all.”

“Let’s get your head checked out in case you have a concussion.” I told Lena.

“Do I have to?” She whined.

“Yes. I’m scared Dixon might have damaged your head so much you’ll start wearing pink dresses.” I said jokingly as I pulled her towards the nearest doctor.

We quickly explained the modified version of what happened to Lena to the doctor (we left out the part where Dixon was a heartbreaker and that he was on earth to eradicate love) and he agreed to take a look at her head. As Lena was about to follow the Doctor in the exam room I stopped her and said, “I have to take care of something.”

She looked at me suspiciously, and raised an eyebrow.

“Don’t worry.” I insisted, but I could see that she wouldn’t let it go.

She reluctantly followed the Doctor into the examination room as I walked off in the opposite direction.

I had to talk to Apriline or one of the Elders, because if Lena found out that I was a cupid again… well I’d rather not imagine what would happen.