First Strike

Chapter 13 part 2: First Strike

My head was pounding. I laid down on my bed hoping that my bursting migraine would fade.

This was sad. It was a Friday evening and I was at home having the worst headache of my life. My thoughts drifted of to Lena who was probably or her date with Charlie by now. I really hoped she had listened to my advice and decided to dress nicely, because knowing her she probably had been wearing sweats.

Then, out of nowhere, my heart exploded with pain. I gasped and clutched my chest. The migraine was gone, but it was now replaced with an even worse pain. I fell of my bed, and laid down on the floor. I was ashamed to say that tears were now forming in my eyes.

“What’s happening?” I screamed in pain.

Then a voice in the back of my head told me: “It’s the heartbreaker.”

My thoughts immediately directed themselves to Lena. My panic and worry dimmed the excruciating pain. I slowly got up, and sat down on the edge of my bed. I took a few deep breaths so that I could focus, and then I used all my remaining energy to think about Lena. I closed my eyes and imagined Lena’s sometimes green, sometimes blue eyes. When I opened my eyes, I didn’t see my room anymore, but a posh restaurant with chandeliers and a red plush carpet.

I was looking through Lena’s eyes. Lena focused on the person in front of her; Charlie.  Everything seemed to be going well, but then why was I in so much pain?

Maybe it wasn’t Lena who was in trouble, but one of the other couples I had set up. I wanted to get out of the vision sharing, but something made me want to keep on watching.

Only then did I notice, two other people sitting with Charlie and Lena at the table. I had seen them before at school, and I knew they had been the only stable couple that had been at Carelly High, before I arrived. I had sensed their emotions, and I could feel the love between them. They were probably soul mates, but I couldn’t be sure.

The girl was talking animatedly, while the guy was looking at her, smiling adoringly. Lena was laughing at whatever the girl was saying, and Charlie was talking to a waiter. The next thing I know, Lena’s standing up, and the girl follows her. They say something to the guys and walk towards the bathroom.

My pain grew as we got closer and closer to the bathroom door, and when Lena opens the door to find Nicole crying, everything fitted into place.  I couldn’t hear what Nicole and Lena were saying since I could only see through Lena, but I knew instinctively that something had happened between Nicole and Lance. I blinked and when I opened my eyes I was back in my room.

The pain in my heart was still there, but it was bearable. I looked around my room for my cell phone, and when I saw it lying on my desk, I grabbed it and went on my contact list to find Lance’s number. I hit call, and stuck my phone to my ear, praying that Lance would answer.

“Hello?” An annoyed voice answered.

I let out a breath of relief.

“Lance? Is that you? It’s me Will.”

“Yeah, it’s me. What do you want?”

I stopped. It’s not like I could tell him that I saw Nicole crying through Lena’s eyes. I had to play it smooth.

“Lena just called me, and she said she saw Nicole crying, and she doesn’t understand why. I was hoping you could help.”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” He answered gruffly.

“Of course you don’t man. I get that. It’s just that Lena is worried about Nicole, and she wants to help.”

“I just got mad at Nicole. That’s all.” Lance answered curtly.

“Why? Did she do something wrong?”

There was a long pause on the other side of the line.

“I… I don’t remember.” Lance murmured. “All I know is that all of a sudden I felt a ball of rage in the pit of my stomach, and thinking it was all Nicole’s fault.”

The heartbreaker, I thought to myself. I stayed quiet and waited for him to continue.

“Nicky…” He whispered. “I hurt her really badly. She’ll never forgive me.”

“Of course she will. You guys are awesome together. Just apologize and explain that you don’t know what came over you. She will understand.”

“You’re right man! I’ll call her right now! Thanks for the advice Will.”

“No problem. Happy to be off service!”

Lance hung up, and I put down my phone. My heart still ached slightly, but I knew that as soon as Nicole and Lance would make up the pain would be gone.

I sighed. The first attack of the heart breaker failed, but I knew it was only the start. If I wanted to beat her or him, I was going to have to figure out who the heartbreaker is.

Authors note:

Short upload, I know, and you mostly all knew about it, but I thought that Will should interfere one way or another cause I love him so much! =)

Anyways last chapter I got 12 votes. :s I know it wasn’t my best, but was it so bad?

Oh well.. Thanks for the comments guys, I love the things you say, and your crazy conspiracy theories! ;)

This chapter is dedicated to fanta cause for more then 15 minutes on skype she was bugging me to tell her who the heartbreaker is… But I’m not telling! ;) Hahahahaha love you!

15 votes for next chapter to be uploaded faster? You can do it!