Easter Bunny

Chapter 26: Easter Bunny

Will’s P.O.V

Kim was unconscious the second her head hit the pillow. Lena and I on other hand were bright awake. I went back to my room after showing Kim her bedroom and washing the black pen of my face and found Lena lying on my bed.

“Move over.” I said as I squeezed in next to her. Lena obeyed and scooted over.

“So what did you think of the date?” I asked as I covered us with my sheets.

“Honestly, Willem is the nicest of all the guys you have set me up with, but I think that even you realized it isn’t going to work out.” Lena explained.

“I guess.” I admitted. “But there is still one more guy to go!” I continued optimistically.

“Do you really want to keep on doing this?” Lena asked almost sadly.

“It’s for your own good Lena. I want you to find love.”

“But what if I have already found it?” Lena muttered so softly I barely heard her.

“Wait? Do you like somebody?” I asked curiously. “That’s great!”

“No!” Lena shouted more forcefully then needed. “I don’t like anybody! I’m just saying that I believe in your… eh… theory of love.” She continued flustered.

I looked at her curiously. “You would tell me if you liked somebody? Right?” I asked suspiciously.

“Uh-huh.” Lena answered unconvincingly. I let it go, but I wasn’t entirely convinced that she was telling the truth. “Anyways after this date with Kim… did you develop any feelings for her?” Lena tried.

“Smooth change of subject.” I said with a grin at her. Lena smiled back sheepishly at me. “No, I don’t like her more then a friend.” I stated.

Lena’s smile became larger, and her eyes sparkled. “You seem awfully happy about it.” I noticed.

Lena’s eyes narrowed. “Yeah, I’m happy for her, because otherwise she would have to stand you’re crazy love ideas.”

I laughed at her defensive tone. “Is somebody jealous?” I asked teasingly.

Lena scoffed and replied sarcastically, “Yeah Will, I’m totally in love with you and want to have your babies. Is that enough praise for your over-sized ego?”

“You could maybe have added to it: You’re so hot Will.” I answered.

“I must not tell lies.” Lena answered seriously.

“Did you seriously just use a Harry Potter quote as a come-back?” I asked incredulously.

“So what if I did?” Lena said as she stuck her little pink tongue out at me.

I shook my head in amusement. “Lena, you’re something.”

“Something awesome? Something incredible? Something similar to gummy worms?” Lena tried.

“Let’s just stick with special.” I said whilst laughing. Lena wacked me in my head and I winced. “Was that really necessary?”

Lena turned to me, her big green eyes innocent. “What? I just high-fived your head.”

“Do you really want me to this?” I warned her, as I slowly started creeping towards her. Her face turned into a panicky expression.

“Will? Don’t you dare do what I think you’re going to do!”  She shrieked.