Aliens in Antartica

Chapter 8: Aliens in Antartica

            Days came and went, and nothing out of the ordinary happened, except that I had ignited a few sparks here and there, which had given me a huge rush since everything was working out.  

The plan with Nicole and Lance’s double date with Lena and Christopher was right on track, and they were all ready for this evening. Friday night.

I had wanted to plan the whole thing out for them, but Lena stopped me and said I had done enough. I could sense that she was gratefull for what I had done for Lance and Nicole but still resented me for putting her in this position. At least that’s what she pretended to feel. Deep inside she was happy about the date, and a spark of excitement would light up in her eyes every time I would mention it.

It was funny how in this short time I could read her so well without even using my powers.

 I didn’t know though what Lena was planning for them to do on their date. She said that if I knew, I would probably spy on them or something lame like that. I didn’t deny it.

I had grown used to the school during this week, and by now I knew all the teachers. At this moment I am sitting in Math class while Mr. Rollerfan is explaining something about equations and derivatives. I stared at the board, hoping that all of a sudden the the numbers and letters would rearrange to tell me the answer. No such luck, so I decided to distract myself. I looked around for a distraction and quickly found one.

Lena had been sitting next to me in Math class since that time I came in late. Luckily, she actually understood what was going on, because she was the only one that could explain the Chinese on the board to me. I had only been here for a week, but I was already more behind then humanly possible. Lucky I’m not human right?

“So,” I whispered to Lena, “What are you doing on the big date?”

Lena sighed and said,

“I’m not telling you;”

“But I’m so curious!” I said trying to make a puppy face.

It didn’t exactly have the reaction I was looking for because instead of cooing and saying have unresistably cute I looked she started laughing. I immedialtely stopped my puppy face, and looked quizzically at her.

“Gosh Will! You’re puppy face is hilarious!”

“Does that mean you’ll tell me?” I asked happily.

“Nope.”

"Please?”

“Still no.”

“Pretty please?”

“No-oo.”

“Pretty please with a cherry on the top?”

“Well when you put it like that… I have to tell you.”

I leaned closer to her. Eager to hear what she was going to say.

Lena glanced around the room as if she was checking that no one could over hear, and then with a whisper she said,

“We’re going to visit the aliens… in Antartica.”

I let out a frustrated groan, and slumped back into my chair. Lena had a smirk on her face. Happy about the way she just fooled me.

“I wonder how Christopher will be able to stand you for more then 5 minutes.” I said in a low voice so that the person concerned, who was sitting a few desks in front of us couldn’t hear.