Epilogue

Sebastian

I watched silently as four of my followers brought the coffin down the long carpet that I had set in the throne room. I would invite all of Clary's friends that remained here... Then I would set them free.

I cringed as I saw the coffin being opened. I had carefully designed the coffin to where it only showed her face. I couldn't live with the fact that her large belly would be on display if I didn't. Her child, our child, was dead inside his mother. He or she would not be able to see the world, I would not be able to spoil them with knowledge. They would not meet me, let alone see me, love me.

I had suddenly become angry. How could she do this to me? To that child? How incredibly selfish was she?! God dammit. I hated this. I hated her. She killed our child.

She would never be forgiven.

I shake my head in anger and storm out. I had to gather all of the people for the funeral. I focused on putting one foot in front of the other until I had reached Jace's door. I knocked upon it and waited for a response.

"What the hell do you want Sebastian?"

"I'm letting you out. Isn't that what you wanted, brother?"

I hear footsteps coming closer to the door. Then it was swung open, letting me see a disheveled Jace. He glared at me then motioned me forward. I turned down the hall and continued walking.

Most of the gatherings had gone the same way. Everyone looked hopeful, as if they would be seeing Clary again. They would, just not happy, healthy or alive.

Jace

I already had a bad feeling about this. It seemed too hard to accept that they would simply bring all of us out for this. Usually it was a couple of us at a time.

As we walked to the throne room, I noticed a red carpet laid out. Marriage? Why would she agree to this?

As we turned into the throne room, I noticed a coffin laid out. What? No. This isn't possible.

Coming closer to the coffin, I notice the face. Her beautiful face. Her face that I loved, that showed so much emotion was dead. No life was there. None at all.

I fell to my knees and cried out in agony.

Clary, my Clary, was gone.