Chapter 2

Simon

I watched as Izzy started pacing the room again. It's been about four days, earth time. I can tell she's going crazy being in this room. We can only go outside of the room to the force field or whatever it is you want to call it.

The guards here only stare at Iz. They don't know that if they don't stop staring at her that I will kill them.

Sebastian also came here, once.

Flashback...

"Knock, knock," someone says from outside the door. The voice sounds familiar but I can't make it out. Probably because the guards thought it would be funny to punish me by not letting me feed.

"If you don't want to die, I suggest you don't enter," I say with a scratchy voice. I need blood.

"I guarantee that I could do a lot worse yo you, vampire. Now I suggest you open the door."

I drag myself to the door and throw it open. Sebastian stands on the other side. "Why can't you open the door if you're all high and mighty? Did you forget how to use your hands?" I practically spit at him.

"It's much more fun to watch you practically kill yourself to get to the door. Someone needs some blood. You know, I would have thought your girlfriend would help you by now," Sebastian says.

He steps through the door and into our small living space.

"Maybe if you hadn't taken her away..." I mumbled.

"Point being, I am willing to let you and the other people... congregate," Sebastian says. "But, there is something that you would have to do for me." Sebastian stops his pacing and looks at me expectantly.

"What do you... want?" I say, almost breathless just from standing up too long.

"I want you to make Clary happy."

Flashback over...

I said that I would try to make her happier... Sebastian said that he will be back in four days. It's been four days.

Now I get to see my best friend and Izzy does too. I hope she's all right.

If she isn't, I will kill Sebastian.

Clary

Sebastian told me to get ready. Something nice... I don't want to wear any of these clothes but he didn't exactly give me a choice.

I walked to the bathroom and showered. I pulled my hair back into a messy bun and slipped on my jeans and shirt... Well, half shirt.

"Are you ready, sister?" Sebastian asks from the other side of the door.

"As ready as I can get," I mumble. "Yeah!" I say louder.

I open the door and see Sebastian just staring at me. I do a full spin and bow. I hear him chuckle. "Let's go."

We walked to the throne room, which is where I never wanted to be again. I look at Sebatian and see him doing the same.

"Well?" I ask, slightly impatient.

"Impatient are we?" He asks me, smirking.

"It's not everyday you let me go beyond the bedroom door so yes, I am slightly impatient," I retort. I cross my arms over my chest and stare at him expectantly.

He whistles and then something amazing happens.

Simon and Izzy. Simon and Izzy are here to see me...

"Simon! Izzy!" I yell.

We run and hug each other. I have tears streaming from my eyes.

I can finally be slightly happy. Even if only for a little while.