Chapter 13. A Second Chance

Skylar's POV

Tears fill my eyes and I run up to my dad and hug him. Is this real? Am I dead? Am I alive? I don't understand what's going on. My dad smiles and says "I know you don't know what's going on but you're here to see something that you need to see." I look at him confused. He walks over to a random giant ass table that I didn't notice. There's buttons on it all over, he pushes a button and a screen pops up above the table floating somehow. My dad looks at me as I watch the screen "This is currently right now in the real world of your friends and Kyle finding you." I watch the screen and see them all start crying, Grayson tries to shake me awake but it doesn't work then I see my brother, the guy who hurt me so badly with his words. Kyle held my hand and I could see him crying also "I don't understand." I say confused. My dad puts his hand on my shoulder "Sky, you think that they don't care about you but that's not true. They care so much about you and they want you to come back." Before I could respond he turns a switch and it goes to a different place, its my house in the living room. My mom is on the couch crying, there's tissues everywhere and she's holding the phone waiting for it to ring. The door bell rings and she answers it to two police officers. "Did you find my babies?" My mom asks them panicked and shaky. The officer sighs "I'm sorry ma'am but there's no leads. We have every officer on the lookout and have K-9 units also sniffing around for any clue." My mom falls onto he floor crying. The officer tries to comfort her and he whispers "I'm very sorry but we can't look much longer."
My dad looks at me "Your mom is heartbroken and is desperately trying to find you guys for the past two weeks." He says sadly. My eyes widen "Its been two weeks?" I ask. He nods slightly. "Sky I want you to choose with something." He says. I look at him perplexed and ask "What?" He walks in front of me and puts his hands on my shoulders just like he used too when I was little "Sky, you can choose if you want to stay here with me or go back into reality with your brother and friends." My eyes widen "I-i can choose?" My dad nods and says "Choose carefully though, think about it. I know you miss me but your brother and friends need you, they won't make it out that sewer without you and get home. Plus think about how your mom would react if she found out you passed also." I nod while looking at the floor, he's right. When he died my mom didn't even leave her bed until a few months later with barely any words to us during that time period. I look back at the floating screen and see my friends and brother on it again. They're all crying and they don't seem to even be able to stop. Kyle is mumbling things to himself and hugging Nikki while they're crying and Grayson has his head on the wall crying. I look at my dad with tears filling my eyes. "You know I miss you right?" He hugs me and nods saying "I know darling, I miss you too but I've always been with you this whole time." I nod understanding. "Then I guess I'll go back." I whisper. He smiles "You're doing the right thing, its not your time yet and remember that I am proud of you always." I smile. He whispers to me "Never give up." He kisses my head then everything vanishes and all I see is black.
I can hear crying, I'm alive now? I feel my body aching, yep I'm alive. I slowly open my eyes and see Kyle and Nikki sitting in front of me. "Guys?" I say quietly. Their heads quickly perk up and look at me "Sky!?" They all say in unison. I smile weakly and whisper "Did I miss anything?" They all laugh while wiping away their tears and they all hug me tightly. I hug them back and look up at the ceiling and whisper to myself "Thank you for showing I'm cared for daddy."

And I'm gonna stop there! I know this is a bit shorter chapter but I wanted it to end there at a good spot :3 thank u all so much for reading! Can this get 10 votes? That would be great and it helps a lot. Please vote, follow, and comment. It means a lot to me! Thanks everyone!