Chapter 8: Bellissima Notte

~Photo of Connor Giuseppe above~

ALEXANDER
~*~*~

"Wow, pequeño, you look amazing. Somebody's mouth is going to be watering tonight, and it's not going to be mine."

A blush rose on my cheeks at Katrina's praises. I'd asked her to come over to my apartment and help pick out an outfit. Simple as it was, I had to admit it did make me look good. A white collared button down shirt, with a dark green cardigan over the top. Dark-washed denim jeans and black vans. Katrina was constantly gushing over how "mouth-watering" I looked in the jeans, so I couldn't refuse. To say I was nervous for this date tonight was an understatement. My anxiety was doing somersaults in my stomach. Glancing back at my best friend, I saw the joy in her eyes. There were even a few tears.

"Aw, Katti. Why are you crying?" I stepped up in front of her and wiped away the tears, pouting playfully. She only smiled in return, taking my hands and kissing each palm.

"My pajarito is growing up so fast. I'm so proud of you, Lexi." I rolled my eyes, my pout breaking out into a smile. I patted my hand against Katrina's cheek as I said, "Katti, this is not my first date with a man. Don't worry, I'll be fine. I'm nearly twenty, I'm already grown up."

A spark set off in Katrina's eyes, and I instantly regretted my decision to speak. "Oh, niño pequeño, you are not fully grown until a man claims you in the way only a man truly can. Then, and only then, will you be a man yourself," she educated firmly. I couldn't help the blush that flamed my cheeks. Instinctively, I stuck my tongue out at her, which only elicited a laugh.

Katrina waved her hands, brushing off my cardigan and fussing over every bit of my outfit that seemed out of place. Eventually, I began to laugh and swatted her hands away, "Katti, quit it. He'll be here any minute." 

She only rolled her eyes at me, but soon enough she stopped fussing. "Sorry, pequeño, just making sure you have nothing to be embarrassed about," she apologized.

An all too familiar heat rose along my cheeks. Katrina began to laugh and pinched them gently. "Oh, don't look so flustered. Save that for the horizontal mambo, my dear," she teased.

"Katti, I cannot believe that just came out of your mouth! There will be no "horizontal mambo" tonight!" I gasped, staring at her incredulously as I swatted her hands from my flaming skin. I swear, all she ever thought about was sex. I shook my head, holding back the urge to laugh. I couldn't hide my smile, "It's only our first date. Jesus, you're so straight-forward." I laughed at her insinuation as Katrina smiled in return; her expression held no shame.

That was when a knock sounded at my door. A rush of heat and anxiety washed through me, and I gazed at Katrina, unable to move. She just rolled her eyes and snorted, making her own way to the door. When I was able to snap out of my daze, I scrambled after her just as she opened it.

I felt the oxygen hitch in my throat, forcing me to swallow hard. Preston wore jeans, just like me, but his were a lighter blue, and he sported a comfortable looking sweater along with a suede coat that reached mid-thigh. I felt my mouth begin to salivate, and I had to swallow several more times before I managed to find my voice.