Prologue

AUTHOR'S NOTE: LIYE has completed editing. New parts and some reworked bits are now available for reading! Hope you enjoy the fresh new story. Love you all! -Kat (P.S. don't worry, I did leave most of it original and the characters have remained intact. Just went and refined some of the fill-in jargon that wasn't needed, so the story flows better now!)

PROLOGUE

~*~*~

A painting is worth a thousand words. One glance and you can already begin to pick up on the story behind it.

At first I thought I had my painting all figured out. I knew for a fact it was finished before I had even begun. There was nothing else I wanted to add to the portrait that would further boost my amazement.

I knew I was gay. I knew it since the day I turned fifteen and Melanie Collins pointed out that I had no interest in girls. I hadn't believed her at the time, but after more than enough moments catching myself gawking at the male sex, I knew I had it in for me. Four years later and all I can say is I'm proud to be gay. Relationships made more sense, I could speak freely with my best friend, Katrina Evans, about anything in the world. For her, that ranged from sex to food binges. There was never a dull moment with her.

However, I had no dream, or even a wish, to fall in love and settle down. Hell. No. The last thing I wanted was to commit my loyalty and love to someone. I'd seen the heartbreak in movies, I'd seen the pain it brought others in real life. I'd even experienced it myself and there was no way in hell I even remotely wanted to fall in love. Not one bit.

But I had never expected the outcome of my life, never knew love truly did exist. How was I supposed to know? I was only 19.

I never imagined someone could prove me wrong, never knew it took more than one glance to decipher a painting and the story behind it. All guilt aside, I had no idea love was possible.

Until I met him.