Chapter 18: What to Do in Case of an Emergency

ALRIGHT! I'm shooting out chapters left and right. One per day, haha! I feel on fire. Well, here's the next chapter, and it's back to reality. Also, an author's note I should have made a long time ago:

A/N - Preston is NOT FULLY BLIND. I feel bad for not making that more clear in the beginning. He is half blind. I based him off of my own sight, which is a daily struggle and I can't even legally drive without glasses and or contacts in. It's worse in darker areas. Although I did not suffer in a car accident. I was born with this issue. But there you go! That's what Preston's struggle is. Hope that helped some confusion.

Now back to the story! :D Enjoy!

PRESTON

~*~*~

Ron had to practically tackle me as I lunged for Sara's throat. She had the fucking nerve to come anywhere near me when she was the reason Alex was missing.

"Where the FUCK IS HE?!" I shouted at her, struggling in Ron's hold to get free.

I recognized her voice, I knew it was her, and I wanted her to pay for what she'd done to my sister and my boyfriend. Yes, Alex was my boyfriend. I needed to make that more official with him. But he was missing.

Sara raised up her hands and walked towards me slowly. "That's not such a good idea, Sara," I heard Ron mutter from behind me.

"No, it's a wonderful idea! Let me tear her fucking throat out!" I cheered sarcastically, trying to control my breaths as I struggled to get out of Ron's grip. Did the man have to be such a fucking bull?

But she stopped moving. She dropped her hands and I heard her sigh. "Preston, I didn't do this to Alex. I thought he was the one stealing money from the company..." she trailed off and I could see her lean against Ron's jeep.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I was confused now, I didn't know what to believe.

Ron joined in solemnly, finally beginning to release me, "I hired her, Preston. She's an undercover FBI agent and she was taking care of you while she surveyed who might be taking money from the company. When Alex showed up, she thought he was the culprit. She believed he was making you fall in love with him so that you wouldn't notice he was taking it."

Sara cut Ron off and picked up where he'd finished, "You see, Mr. Larks, I believed Alex was getting rid of me so he could take advantage of you, so I panicked when you fired me. For that, I am truly sorry." I watched her hang her head and I struggled to grasp this news, my body still shaking with the need to strangle her. I still would, just because she'd laid a hand on my Alex.

She kept explaining herself, "It turns out, it wasn't Alex at all. He's missing, and it's my fault. I'm sorry. But now's not the time for apologies, Mr. Larks. We need to get back to your estate. I need to fill you in on all of the information I've gathered so far."

Ron patted me on the shoulder and guided me to the passenger side. We all climbed into the jeep, and I was still in a complete daze, unsure if this was a setup or Sara was telling the truth.