Chapter 13: Something Wicked this Way Comes

This chapter is dedicated to skyfall16. I'm so happy for you, and I'm so glad you like this story! Bless! :3 Happy reading!

ALEXANDER

~*~*~

It had been two weeks since the incident with the grenade. It felt like just yesterday the construction crew had finished patching up the living room. Or maybe it was yesterday.

I couldn't remember anymore. My mind was full of images and ideas that made bile rise in my throat.

Which is why I had taken to cleaning out my apartment. It was a Tuesday, and my college classes had just finished. I arrived at the apartment complex and immediately began packing everything up. Three days after the grenade incident, Preston had demanded I move in with him. I guess he couldn't bear the thought of me on my own.

Sara had been livid about this new arrangement. She spouted excuses about a perfectly good guestroom being taken up by little old me. Preston had shut her up good by letting her know I was to room with only him. As much as I loved the thought of being close to him, a nagging pang of terror kept ticking off in my chest at what that would mean since Sara would be around every corner as well.

My thoughts were dragged back to the present as a knock came at my bedroom door.

"Hello, pajarito. Haven't seen you in weeks."

My heart soared. "Katti!" I jumped up and threw my arms around Katrina's neck, hugging her close.

"Aw, I missed you too, little bird. What's this I've stumbled across?" She pulled back to give me a smile. "Moving out?"

"Mhm. Wanna help?" I let go and went back to packing clothes. Katrina loved packing, she was always helping me move things around when I needed a change. She got to work with my bed set and the pictures and trinkets placed around my room.

Eventually, we finished, and sat on the floor side by side. I propped myself against the mattress, which Katrina had helped me to lean up against the wall. "Katti, do you think I'm doing the right thing?"

She turned to give me a puzzled look. "What do you mean, Niño?"

"I mean am I making the right choice, moving in with Preston?"

Katrina fixed me with a deep gaze, searching my eyes as I searched hers. "Do you love him?" She suddenly asked.

It took me by surprise, but I nodded, "Yes, I think I do. Very much. At least... I hope that's what this feeling is."

I watched her purse her lips, as if in thought. Time seemed to pass slowly as I waited for her advice. But she gave none. Instead she stood and smiled, offering me a hand. "Come on, pajarito, let's get this out to that moving van I assume you rented."