Chapter Ten

Though they held hands for their walk to Fallon’s first period class, there was an uncharacteristic tension hanging between her and Griffin that she couldn’t understand. Despite the frightening encounter at dinner the night before, things seemed fine when the three of them went to bed last night. Snuggling between them helped her get over what happened.

            “Just tell me what’s wrong so I can apologize,” Fallon blurted out.

            “You want to apologize for me being a pussy?”

            “That’s what this is about? You’re ashamed of what happened last night?”

            Griffin darted his eyes around the north hall. “I’m not supposed to be the sensitive one, remember.”

            Fallon stopped walking and moved to the side of the hall. She smiled up at him as she wrapped her arms around his neck before standing on her tiptoes to kiss him. “I like it when you’re sensitive,” she whispered.

            He drew her body tighter against his. “I love you so much, Fallon.”

            “I love you too.”

            “I hate to break up this love fest, but we need to talk.”

            They didn’t let go of each other as they turned their heads in the direction of Seth’s voice. Something about the serious look on his face put Fallon on high alert.

            “What’s wrong?” she asked.

            “There’s something you guys need to hear from me before it gets around school.”

            Fallon frowned at him. “What are you talking about?”

            “Daphne and Ava are getting close to the truth,” Seth answered and looked at Griffin.

            Fallon’s frown deepened. “What are you talking about?”

            Griffin let go of Fallon. “Go to class. I need to talk to Seth.”

            “But, I--"

            “Please, Fallon. We’ll talk later.”

            She gave them each a narrow eyed gaze before she swished down the hall. The tidal wave of her anger swelled as she entered the classroom. There were enough secrets in her life without Griffin being the one to keep them from her. Wait until she told Lucian about this. That fear she’d seen in Griffin’s eyes at dinner last night would be nothing compared to what she and Lucian unleashed on him for keeping them in the dark about anything.

            Fallon took her seat and stared hard at the door as she waited for Seth’s appearance. Seeing Christian and Angelica laughing together as they came through the door fueled the fire of her anger. With as close as the two of them were acting it was as if Angelica had forgotten all about the huge favor she owed the twins.

            “What’s got you looking so pissed?” Seth asked as he came to take the seat in front of her.

            For the moment, Christian and Angelica were forgotten. “I think you know. In fact, I think you know a lot more than you’ve been letting on.”

            Seth leaned close to her. “Which is something you should be thanking me for considering what could happen if this ever gets out.”