Chapter Thirteen

Fallon cringed when Tarilyn came out of her house. The top she was wearing was cut so low it might as well have not even been there. She beamed up at Griffin. Even from where she and Lucian sat in the car, she could see Tarilyn’s usual blush.

            “Show time,” Lucian murmured as they came toward the car.

            “Hey guys,” Tarilyn chirped as she climbed in the front passenger seat.

            “Hey,” Fallon and Lucian echoed in unison.

            “Where are we going?” Tarilyn asked when Griffin got behind the wheel.

            “Dinner at our house,” Griffin answered.

            “Oh, okay.”

            “Are you sure?”

            “Oh, yeah, it’s just that I thought this was a real date.”

            “It is, and I have a really good reason for wanting to go there.”

            The familiar fury filled Fallon when Griffin reached for Tarilyn’s hand and she giggled in response. Though she knew their scheme would involve a certain amount of touching, she hadn’t expected it to be so hard to watch. How had Griffin done this for so long when she was with Lucian?

            “It wasn’t easy,” Griffin said.

            “What wasn’t?” Tarilyn asked.

            “It wasn’t easy to wait all week for our date.” 

            Fallon groaned to hear Tarilyn’s giggle. If she had to hear that all night, she’d be forced to throw herself out of one of the second story windows of Locke Manor.

            Lucian placed a finger under her chin and turned her face to his. “And I’d be forced to follow you.”

            The sweet sting of his lips stilled her festering rage. Forgetting they weren’t alone, Fallon dropped her hand between his thighs as she kissed him deeper. Lucian sank his fingers into the hair at the nape of her neck and sent shivers down her spine.

            “I still can’t believe that’s your house.”

            Tarilyn’s shrill voice reminded Fallon where they were. Though she hated to do it, she pulled away from Lucian and slumped against the seat long enough for Griffin to make the drive down the access road. Before he even turned the car off, Fallon unbuckled her seatbelt and freed herself from the car.

            “It must be so cool to live here,” Tarilyn continued.

            Griffin shrugged. “It’s all right.”

            “Maybe you should give her the grand tour, Griff?” Lucian suggested with a smirk.

            “That’d be so cool,” Tarilyn gushed. “I’ve only seen bits and pieces. I’d love to see the whole thing.”

            “All right,” Griffin repeated.

            Before Griffin even offered it to her, Tarilyn grabbed his hand and smiled up at him. Fallon mashed her lips together as the two of them ascended the front steps.

            “Alone at last,” Lucian said when they were out of sight.

            Fallon whirled around to face him. “Why did you do that? Now they’re going to be alone with her touching him.”