Chapter Twenty-Five

The moment she opened her eyes on Valentine’s morning, the smell of fresh flowers touched Fallon’s nostrils. She smiled as she looked right and then left. Though neither of the twins was in bed, a bouquet of roses sat on each of their pillows. She plucked the cards from each arrangement and widened her smile as she read. Like everything else about them, their sentiments were identical.

            Buoyed by the early outpouring of affection, she hopped from bed and hurried to shower and dress. By the time she emerged from the bathroom, the boys had returned to their bedroom. They sat on the unmade bed holding a large wrapped box in their laps.

            “You look beautiful,” they murmured in unison.

            Fallon beamed at them. “Is that present for me?”

            “Yes, but you can’t have it now.”

            When her face fell, they grinned at her. Fallon folded her arms across her chest and pouted down at them. 

            “You’re serious? I can’t have it now?”

            “No, it’s for later tonight.”

            “Then why not wait until later to show it to me?”

            “Just think of it this way, you’ll have something to look forward to.”

            Fallon was prepared to offer more protest when a better way to get what she wanted crossed her mind. Giving them a demure smile, she placed an index finger on each of their cheeks. Then she ran those fingers down their cheeks before moving to caress their lips. Both boys quivered as she dropped her fingers from their lips to their chins before bringing them to rest on their chests.

            “Are you sure I can’t have it now?”

            She spoke in her sweetest, most breathy voice as she drew circles on their chests. Even through the fabric of their T-shirts, she could feel the rising of their body temperatures. Encouraged, she leaned forward, kissing one and then the other. Each reached out to wrap an arm around her and draw her closer to them. As they did, the box slid from their laps and landed softly on the floor. Fallon smiled as she moved to retrieve it. The twins shook their heads as if to free themselves from her spell.

“Damn, you really are the succubus.”

            “Guess that means I can have this now.”

            “That’s all we have for you,” Lucian warned. “If you open that now, you won’t have anymore presents left.”

            Fallon resumed her sweet smile. “I will if you buy me another one.”

            The boys sunk their fingers into the hair at the back of her neck. A wave of lust rippled through her as they let her hair spill through their fingers.

            “Are you sure you don’t want to save it for later?” they intoned.

            “Now who’s the succubus?” Fallon joked.

            “Actually, the male counterpart would be incubus,” Griffin corrected. “And since there are two of us, the plural is incubi.”

            “True, but since the two of us are really the same person, I’d say we’re back to incubus,” Lucian said.

            Fallon giggled. In seconds they’d gone from hot and heavy to just plain heavy. Only Griffin could take something like this and turn it into a grammar lesson. Sometimes that boy was too smart for his own good, but he’d gotten what they wanted. Suddenly, she didn’t mind waiting for later to open her final Valentine’s Day present.