Chapter Fourteen

“Isn’t this so cool?” Tarilyn gushed.

            All Fallon could do was nod as she forced a smile. Walking hand in hand with Lucian while Griffin and Tarilyn did the same wasn’t cool at all. First chance they got, they were going to make sure Griffin ended things with Tarilyn. And it wasn’t going to be a regular break up. Fallon was going to make sure it was the most humiliating break up in Warner High history.

            While Lucian and Fallon paused outside Mr. Jeffries’ economics class, Griffin gave Tarilyn a hasty kiss on the cheek and then retreated. Fallon smirked to see a frown form on Tarilyn’s face.

            “What do you think that was about?” Tarilyn asked.

            “Griff’s not a PDA kind of guy,” Lucian explained.

            “PDA?”

            “Public display of affection. If you want to date him, you have to live with it.”

            Tarilyn’s frown morphed to a smile. “Until I make him into a PDA guy.”

            Fallon buried her face in Lucian’s shoulder to hide her rage. The longer this charade went on, the stronger her hatred of Tarilyn became.

            “I love the evil in you,” Lucian whispered in her ear.

            “Then you must really love me right now.”

            “Now and forever.”

            She smiled as she leaned back to look up into his dark eyes. “How do you do that?”

            “Do what?”

            “Make me forget my bad mood and think of nothing but how much I love you.”

            Lucian grinned at her. “Maybe I’m a master of manipulation.”

            “Then I guess I like being manipulated,” she murmured.

            “I don’t know if you like it, but you’re definitely susceptible to it,” Christian said.

            Lucian’s face reddened. Heat rose from his body as he whipped around to face Christian. “You need to learn to mind your own business. I’d hate to see you nailed to a cross alongside your father.”

            Christian offered him a serene smile. “Didn’t you already try that once?”

            Lucian stepped toward him. “Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t be happy to try it again.”

            “How about we try it now?” Seth snarled and slipped behind Christian to trap him in a tight bear hug.

            As if they could smell the blood about to be spilled, a crowd of onlookers began to gather around them. Instead of fighting against Seth’s hold, Christian stood there taking it like some kind of modern day martyr.

            Lucian resumed his grin. “What are you going to do now, Church?”

            “What are you?” Christian asked.

            “Want me to kill him?” Seth offered.

            “In the worst way,” Lucian agreed. “But we both know now isn’t the right time.”

            “Don’t you mean you don’t have the balls to do it?” Christian countered.

            Lucian moved to stand eye to eye with Christian who was still trapped in Seth’s hold. “Let’s see if you have any balls.”