Chapter Four

As Fallon and Griffin walked hand in hand to her economics class, Daphne’s words bounced around her brain. ‘I dreamed I saw you kissing Griffin.’ What would they have done if Daphne hadn’t been so drunk she thought the whole thing was a dream? When they reached her classroom, she gave him a kiss and started inside.

            Griffin grinned at her. “Is that all I get?”

            “I just think maybe we should be more careful.” 

            His grin evaporated as he reached to encircle her waist. “No one is going to find out unless we do something stupid.”

            “Like kissing in front of everyone?”

            “That’s only stupid if they know it’s me. I’m not gonna tell anyone. Are you?”

            “No.”

            Griffin drew her tighter to him. “Then kiss me the right way.”

            “What’s the right way?”

            “I’ll show you.” 

            The moment his lips touched hers, Fallon forgot her concerns. Only one other person could kiss like he could. Just as it did when Lucian kissed her, the world melted away when Griffin kissed her. Their lips came apart, and Griffin rested his forehead against hers.

            He ran a gentle finger down her cheek. I love you, Fallon.

            I love you too, Dexter.

            I wish you could say it out loud for everyone to hear.

            Me too.

            Griffin gave her one last kiss before letting her go into class. As she crossed the room to take her seat behind Seth, she felt much better. Griffin was right. All they had to do was keep being careful and their secret would be safe.

            “So, that’s what it looks like,” Seth said as Fallon fell into her seat.

            She frowned at him. “What?”

            “That’s what it looks like when a girl’s really in love with you.”

            If she didn’t know better, she would’ve sworn there was a drop of sadness in his voice. It was the same way Griffin sounded when he wanted to make things right with her after they’d been fighting.

            “I hate to tell you this, but I’m not in love with you,” she teased, and he cracked a grin.

            “You’re probably the only girl in school who isn’t.”

            “There’s the conceited jerk I know and love.”

            “So you do love me.”

            Fallon burst into laughter. Only Seth could take a compliment and turn it into something like that. It didn’t surprise her to see Christian watching their entire exchange. Though she could’ve cared less what he was doing, he always seemed to have his eyes on them. No doubt he was looking for something he could use to hurt them. Suddenly, he darted his eyes toward the door. Angelica sauntered into the room and took her seat without looking at anyone. Either she was sick or she’d overslept. Her clothes were wrinkled and her hair was pulled back in a half hearted pony tail.