Familiar Faces

Telling my religious father that i had a girlfriend really wasn't a good idea. When my mum and i came out of the bathroom we told him the plan, with mum mentioning Brook in there as well. He went berserk. He was screaming and yelling. Repeating the theme of 'You're a disappointment', ' disgusting', 'disgrace' and 'We can fix you'. My mum gave him a good yelling at. I wasn't too surprised that he would react like that, but hearing those things from my father still hurt, a lot.

I had my eyes closed as we drove to my godmothers new place. The route felt familiar. When i felt us pull into the driveway i opened my eyes groggily. I hopped out of the car and made my way to the front door. My mum knocked. Not long later it was opened. A tall woman with flaming red hair and grey eyes stood in the doorway. She squealed and pulled my mother in tightly for a hug, and she did the same to me. She led us through the house. It was spacious but not huge. When we go tot the stairs i heard someone descending. When i saw who it was i smiled.

He was practically my first friend, we had been really close until he had to move away. "Marcus" i said to my god brother, he jumped down eh last few steps and launched onto me hugging me. I wrapped my arms around his back. "Hey Shaylee, oh gosh i have missed you" she said smiling. "I have missed you too Marcus" i replied. We all went into the dinning room where trays off food was prepared. I sat down across from Darny and next to Marcus.

"So Darny, have you thought about what i asked you yesterday?" Mum asked.

"Yes i have Karin, and i have accepted" Darny said. My mum smiled lightly. "Shaylee" My godmother said looking at me. "You are more than welcome to stay with us here until you have finished high school, or longer depending on where you want to go and the price" she said. A wide grin spread across my face. I got up form my seat and hugged her thankign her. She smiled. I got back to my seat and looked at Marcus. His mouth was gapped. "Why wasn't i told about this? Im not complaining I'm really happy she will be staying with us, but you could of at least told me before i made arrangements to turn the extra room into a gaming room" he said. I chuckled.

"Why would you think i would of let you turn it into a gaming room?" Danny asked him. He shrunk down in his seat, guilt plastered on his face.

"Im also wondering Shaylee, why did you want to stay here anyway?" Danny asked me.

"Well i have my HSC coming up soon and i got a couple of friends here, but mainly because of my girlfriend" i didn't have a problem saying it as much anymore. Marcus jerked in his seat beside me, pulling his sandwhich away from his mouth quickly.

"Girlfriend?" he asked looking at me wide eyed.

"Yeah. Got a problem with that?" i asked him, raising my eybrows.

"No, i just, didn't peg you for a girl on girl type" he said, swallowing his food.

"Yeah well, she's actually the ex of my now ex. Its kinda ironic we fell for the same guy and both fell out of love with him" i took a bite of my sandwich and spotted my mums eyes opened wide. "Brook was Quentins ex? Honey why didn't i know this already?" My mother asked questionably.

"Well i only told you about Brook last night, so i haven't gotten around to it yet" i waved away the conversation quickly, i didn't want to go into a long conversation about my sexuality and love life.

"So Marcus, what school you heading too?" my mother asked.

"Pillidol High, actually, starting tomorrow" he said.

"Mm, look out for a girl with red hair, and i mean red like blood, thats Brook" i said waving my sandwich at him.

"K I'll look around" he said. Soon enough the conversation moved onto my sleeping arrangements and chores, i was glad i was staying.